• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Here Is Your Shot At The Bigs!

Share/Bookmark

Here Is Your Shot At The Bigs!

Re: Here Is Your Shot At The Bigs!

Good luck to those of you who are US residents. Go get that prize! (Don't forget to copyright your stuff properly first; it does sound a bit phony to me, I have to admit).

Quote Originally Posted by el-russo View Post
    Good luck to those of you who are US residents. Go get that prize! (Don't forget to copyright your stuff properly first; it does sound a bit phony to me, I have to admit).

Ya think?!

LOL

Even if it is up front it wouldn't cover my hourly rates for my studio. I have better things to do................

................now where did I leave my beer this time?

Rock on Cats!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Quote Originally Posted by el-russo View Post
    If you read the contract Disney gets to keep and use your music, even if you don't win. I never said it was a great deal!

Peace

rikp

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post
    If you read the contract Disney gets to keep and use your music, even if you don't win. I never said it was a great deal!

Peace

rikp
    Like I said.............................................. ..

where did I leave my beer this time?

LOL

Ya got ta love their games though......kind of. LOL
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Ever since I got registered in a couple of web communities I keep receiving all kinds of crazy promotion offerings on an hourly basis. Just before checking this thread again I received an offer of being heard by a gazillion people worldwide (just because it's me - the one and only- of course) with all the consequences like being signed by the fanciest labels etc. The moment I started feeling myself more popular than Michael Jackson had ever been, I shifted my eyes to the bottom of the letter and saw a paragraph saying this out of this world offer would cost me only $10.

Now where's my fool's hat?

The mouse is now a rat!

Found this as I read the rules: No way am I doing this!

By submitting their contest materials, entrants agree that the Program shall be free to use the Materials as it sees fit without any fees or payments to entrants, and in any and all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised, including as the theme to the Program and in advertisements and promotions for the Program, ABC or any related programming, and by license or otherwise to third parties. The Program and its licensees shall have the right to alter, arrange, adapt, modify, translate, prepare derivative works and otherwise change the Materials (including the submitted music/recording) as they see fit without permission from or payment to entrants.

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post
    The mouse is now a rat!

Found this as I read the rules: No way am I doing this!

By submitting their contest materials, entrants agree that the Program shall be free to use the Materials as it sees fit without any fees or payments to entrants, and in any and all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised, including as the theme to the Program and in advertisements and promotions for the Program, ABC or any related programming, and by license or otherwise to third parties. The Program and its licensees shall have the right to alter, arrange, adapt, modify, translate, prepare derivative works and otherwise change the Materials (including the submitted music/recording) as they see fit without permission from or payment to entrants.
    There was a contest on the Discovery Channel a while back. They wanted a 3D animated snake to strike at the camera lens. They provided an HD background plate that you could download. You would animate the snake in3D, composite in the scene and send it back to them. The winner received... $400. They did get the work on the Discovery channel but $400 for that type of work is close to slave labor. Still I'm sure someone did it.

It's interesting that this contest for Regis and Kelley has the stipulation shown above. So that means if they get 100,000 entries, and say 50 of them are top notch, they can use all 50. The winner of course gets the 100k but the 49 other "losers" may hear there music as the next huge theme for a new Disney film but will not receive a dime for it. Am I reading this right?

I won't quit my day job

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    There was a contest on the Discovery Channel a while back. They wanted a 3D animated snake to strike at the camera lens. They provided an HD background plate that you could download. You would animate the snake in3D, composite in the scene and send it back to them. The winner received... $400. They did get the work on the Discovery channel but $400 for that type of work is close to slave labor. Still I'm sure someone did it.

It's interesting that this contest for Regis and Kelley has the stipulation shown above. So that means if they get 100,000 entries, and say 50 of them are top notch, they can use all 50. The winner of course gets the 100k but the 49 other "losers" may hear there music as the next huge theme for a new Disney film but will not receive a dime for it. Am I reading this right?

I won't quit my day job

Darren
    That is what I read into this. They get to expand their sound library for a paltry $100,000 complete with new theme music and maybe thousands of other pieces of music that they can use anytime, anywhere, and even, if I understand this correctly, sell to a third party. Gotta love the mouse

Peace

rikp

Just give you crappiest tunes to make the connect, then drop 'em like a hot potatoe.
    I haven't had the need for a paid mouthpiece or agent for years, but shake hands and smile, tell them you think they're GGRR88888TTTT...and the whole time one eye is searching for the path ahead.
    Of course this do it all at home from the computer w/o ever having to learn Japanes to show respect, or bow, or shake a hand.
    I honestly think that people just need to get out more.
    JimmyV

Go Back to forum