Does it sound as Williams??

Days of Meeting

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7078950

my last Score,

Hope you like it,

Diego M.
    "God is Love"

Re: Does it sound as Williams??

Williams who? Williams Sonoma? Vaughn Williams? Oh wait - John Williams? No, IMO this does not sound like John Williams. There may be some elements here and there, but overall no. Were you hoping it to? If so, why? Or were you asking because you thought it might sound like JW, but don't want it to?

Cheers.

nobody sounds like john williams other than john williams. he is the man.

are you worried that it sounds too much like "The Patriot" because of the flutes and snare? unless you have itzhak perlman playing the theme with the heaviest brass and fastest string/woodwinds lines imaginable i wouldn't worry about it being too williamsish.
    Last edited by keithjfuller; 11-22-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: addition
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayat View Post
    Williams who? Williams Sonoma? Vaughn Williams? Oh wait - John Williams? No, IMO this does not sound like John Williams. There may be some elements here and there, but overall no. Were you hoping it to? If so, why? Or were you asking because you thought it might sound like JW, but don't want it to?

Cheers.
    Who wouldnt want sound as Williams??

the name of the Thread was just a "Marketing-decision"

so thanks for listen men!!

Diego.
    "God is Love"

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    nobody sounds like john williams other than john williams. he is the man.

are you worried that it sounds too much like "The Patriot" because of the flutes and snare? unless you have itzhak perlman playing the theme with the heaviest brass and fastest string/woodwinds lines imaginable i wouldn't worry about it being too williamsish.
    Yep, i inspired on "Patriot" specially in the snare piccolo-flautes part!

hope yo like it, and Really Thanks for listen!

Diego.
    "God is Love"

Diego, those are some awesome sounding french horns you got there.. what are they?
    The stings' portamento needs work though. They also need frequency controlled compression to eliminate the 2-3 khz cringe factor when they play notes that hurt

Nice work, but it does not sound like "THE Star Wars" John Williams

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN View Post
    Diego, those are some awesome sounding french horns you got there.. what are they?
    The stings' portamento needs work though. They also need frequency controlled compression to eliminate the 2-3 khz cringe factor when they play notes that hurt

Nice work, but it does not sound like "THE Star Wars" John Williams

Dan
    Glad you like it Dan!,

Horns are "VSL Epic horns" i´ll check the 2-3 khz

and "Star-Wars" hope one day....in a far Galaxy.. where are free real orquestras.......;-)

Best Regards,

Diego.
    "God is Love"

Go Back to forum