• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any interesting sound library can be sampled in Taiwan place?

Share/Bookmark

Red face Any interesting sound library can be sampled in Taiwan place?

Hi!i'm a film misic maker from Taiwan. it is the place where aboriginal
    chant in the Egnima's album The Return To Innocence by Egnima.

Well, because of my music projects, i've program my own sample sound
    library for years. And by recently, I think maybe it is time that ready for
    release my own sound or sample intrument collections to the market.
    In fact, here in Taiwan does have lot of aborigine vocal samples,and
    and kinds of Asia ethnical instrument can very easily find here.
    Most Chinese instruments are made by different types of woods,
    here in Taiwan also does have lots of high quality wooden class Chinese
    instruments which is in custom-made qualify design by Taiwanese
    instrument master.

Once if i deside to have my own sounds design prodution studio,the very
    important thing that i must be consider is that i would like to know
    what kind of instruments or samples that you guys would be interesting
    and looking for?any good ideas or suggestions?

i would be so appreciat in receiving your comment!!!!

sinerly

Re: Any interesting sound library can be sampled in Taiwan place?

i'm not sure, but it seems like if you are able to make weird sounds that no one else has you'll have a successful library. i wouldn't try to compete with sounds that are out there unless you're able to offer it super cheap or blow away whats out already.

everyone wants to sound different these days, so strange instruments are desirable. look at the success of thomas newman. granted, he is an incredible composer, but his sound is so unique because he blends traditional orchestra with some of the weirdest and most unexpected instruments.

just take a listen to people's work here on the forum for example. a lot of people tend to go for effects as opposed to strong melodies - by the way, i'm not dissing anyone's music, it's just a different and sometimes more desirable sound.

so, if you have sounds that are foreign to the libraries out there and you're able to make a quality instrument i'd say just go for it. a lot of people probably won't have suggestions that are useful since they might not know about what's out there having not heard it previously.

this probably isn't the response that you were hoping for, but i think it's the only one i've got.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

If you do vocalphrases please make sure you include the english meaning of the lyrics.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    If you do vocalphrases please make sure you include the english meaning of the lyrics.

Hans
    Yep, this could be very important!

I heared about a story wher a composer did a very great sounding piece with vocalphrases. But, oops, after the filmproducer translatet the phrases there was no way to use them in this piece.... .

Pop98, produce outstanding and never heared samples/sounds, and you can sell tons of it!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Thank you all for this great feedback!
    Anyway,what about anyother Chinese instruments?Does you use it a lot ?i know by using Kontakt scrip language and it's complex filter can be simulate as natural as possible, and without pentanic limit when using keyboad play, it might be played in newage or world musical style.

see http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=wtnBkY2hC3s

By now ,i am going to have coopertion with MystSonic'sscript language programmer, he is going to help me write script controls funtion for my Chinese pipe-GuanZi, hope it will be virtual as the real instrument.

ps:MystSonic is a first sound design production studio come from Taiwan ROC, and they just has start bebut their first kontakt instrument call Chinese zither -GuZheng, plucking instrument sounds like harp
    but with pitch bendable.

Go Back to forum