• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone own IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone own IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik?

IK has another buy one get offer plus a price drop on Miroslav for $199. I though about adding this so I could get their bass amp plugin.

I was wondering if anyone actually owns this?

Re: Anyone own IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik?

I do and it's pretty good. The strings sound warm and the SampleTank player is easy to edit custom patches and multis.

Be forewarned that unlike recent orchestral libs, this one does not have x-switch velocity samples. You have patches with given dynamic levels i.e. fff french horns. If you can live with that, then I say go for it!

Maybe I´m still living in the past as I still think Miroslav sounds good. It surely doesn´t sound as hi-end as new libs of course, but to take it into perspective so doesn´t a record that was recorded almost 20 years ago vs a 2008-production but the performance and feel of it may still be superb. Do you see what I mean? I´m sure you can find some of the instruments very usable even compared to todays standard. The big BUT though is that there are no crossfaded patches as davecos already mentioned nor is it possible to make any with the current Philharmonik/Sampletank player. This is the only reason I don´t turn to my Miroslav strings that much anymore. If I had the chance to make two layer crossfade programs it would be twice as usable imho. If I was ever to be able to load the samples into Kontakt I would be thrilled, but that is just not going to happen unless I resample it myself... Not going to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    Maybe I´m still living in the past as I still think Miroslav sounds good. It surely doesn´t sound as hi-end as new libs of course, but to take it into perspective so doesn´t a record that was recorded almost 20 years ago vs a 2008-production but the performance and feel of it may still be superb. Do you see what I mean? I´m sure you can find some of the instruments very usable even compared to todays standard. The big BUT though is that there are no crossfaded patches as davecos already mentioned nor is it possible to make any with the current Philharmonik/Sampletank player. This is the only reason I don´t turn to my Miroslav strings that much anymore. If I had the chance to make two layer crossfade programs it would be twice as usable imho. If I was ever to be able to load the samples into Kontakt I would be thrilled, but that is just not going to happen unless I resample it myself... Not going to do that...
    Check out Extreme Sample Converter.

Quote Originally Posted by davecos View Post
    I do and it's pretty good. The strings sound warm and the SampleTank player is easy to edit custom patches and multis.

Be forewarned that unlike recent orchestral libs, this one does not have x-switch velocity samples. You have patches with given dynamic levels i.e. fff french horns. If you can live with that, then I say go for it!
    I bought it and it does sound nice. This would be useful for quick mockups.

Go Back to forum