• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Re band in a box

Share/Bookmark

Re band in a box

I am wondering if there is a way to convert BIAB into Garritan sounds.
    I am slow to see all aspects of possibilities available in the Band IN A Box.
    How do you-or can you- convert the BIAB files to audio files?
    Thanks.
    Gary

Re: Re band in a box

Hi Gary,

Not totally familiar with BIAB, but it should do MIDI outport and export. I reckon the easiest way to get a BIAB file rendered with Garritan would be to take the exported MIDI file and import into your sequencer, assign tracks to VST's and bounce.

The other option would be to take the MIDI out from BIAB and route/record it directly into the sequencer.

Best,
    Reegs

Yes, in BIAB <F6> will save the arrangement as a midi file.

Note that the Real Tracks are not midi tracks at all, but are built wave files from a collection of call-able lick samples, therefore, Real Tracks will not save as midi.
    It's a Viking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by garymosse View Post
    I am wondering if there is a way to convert BIAB into Garritan sounds.
    I am slow to see all aspects of possibilities available in the Band IN A Box.
    How do you-or can you- convert the BIAB files to audio files?
    Thanks.
    Gary
    Gary...all recent PC versions of BIAB can accept Dxi directly. Just use the Dxi version of any Garritan lib you have. I do it and it's fine. No need to jump through the MIDI file hoops .

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Gary...all recent PC versions of BIAB can accept Dxi directly. Just use the Dxi version of any Garritan lib you have. I do it and it's fine. No need to jump through the MIDI file hoops
    Jim, don't you get BiaB re-installing the Kontakt player with Garritan instruments everytime you access the DXi panel? I gave up on it because I was constantly being stopped by Kontakt be loaded and re-loaded over and over again. Sometimes using up all the memory I have available. And you are right that this would be the best method but, unfortunately everything bogs down when Kontakt keeps getting re-loaded all the time. Or maybe it is just my set up.

The simplest solution for Gary is to save as a midi file (there is an icon directly above the playback controls for saving to a midi file. And as said by others, real tracks won't get saved because they are composite .wav files from samples of real players playing real licks.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I found the same issue as Rich, above. BiaB messes up the Kontakt player real good. Save the midi output, edit in Sonar or Cubase or something. Works great.
    It's a Viking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by holderofthehorns View Post
    I found the same issue as Rich, above. BiaB messes up the Kontakt player real good. Save the midi output, edit in Sonar or Cubase or something. Works great.
    Rich & Holder...

Can you please lay out exactly what happens? Especially: Holder...how does it mess up the K2 player?
    Has either of you discussed this with PG Music? If so, was there a response?
    Thanx...Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

I have mentioned it to PGMusic and the forum members. As I recall the forum members felt that Kontakt Player and JaBB were causing problems but they did not give an answer to how to fix it.

I must admit I haven't tried it in BiaB 2008 but it was a real crash problem in BiaB 2007.

It happens when you access the DXi instrument and load your instruments. Each sample gets loaded. Then you close the Kontakt player and it reloads. Then you close the DXi module and Kontakt player reloads. You play a song and stop it at the end. When you restart the song, I believe it reloads yet again. Then memory is used up because it has not been clearing memory on each reload, then BAM! lock up or crash.

At least that is what I remember and decided to just get what I needed out of BiaB with their DXi sampler, save it to midi and work on it in Sonar or Tracktion (which has also been a disappointment - though usable).
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Honestly, I can't remember the specifics. It was awful and I just started using methods that do work, like exporting the midi.

Seems like it was setting my Kontakt 3 back to 2, loading multiple times, no CC's when it did play, and often simply not giving any sound.

I'm not all that interested in fixing it, as it will not have any CC's or any way to apply them.

Export midi to Sonar. That's me. Hassle free and I can do as I please to the music.
    It's a Viking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Rich & Holder...

Can you please lay out exactly what happens? Especially: Holder...how does it mess up the K2 player?
    Has either of you discussed this with PG Music? If so, was there a response?
    Thanx...Jim
    Jim, Rich & Holder

There have been improvements in BIAB 2008 using the VST version of the K2 Player

see this thread in the BIAB forum

Go Back to forum