• Register
  • Help

Topic: leopard and DP 6.01 and 5.13

Share/Bookmark

leopard and DP 6.01 and 5.13

I heard that DP will run better on the new leopard system. Is this true?
    I am using the Macpro Intel 2.66 so any problems with Leopard on this computer??

Re: leopard and DP 6.01 and 5.13

It certainly runs well! I've not had any problems. Make sure you get the latest patch though.
    HTH
    Jim
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

From reports that I have read, mostly at the unicornation boards...DP6 runs very well under Leopard on an Intel MAC...but it is a crash machine when running the same DP6 on Leopard on an PPC G5 or earlier machine. Since you are on Intel already...you will probably see improvement. But for PPC folks...they will probably (for now), see better performance running DP6 with Tiger 10.4.11 on a PPC machine.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston View Post
    From reports that I have read, mostly at the unicornation boards...DP6 runs very well under Leopard on an Intel MAC...but it is a crash machine when running the same DP6 on Leopard on an PPC G5 or earlier machine. Since you are on Intel already...you will probably see improvement. But for PPC folks...they will probably (for now), see better performance running DP6 with Tiger 10.4.11 on a PPC machine.
    I can certainly concur with the stability of DP6 under Tiger on a PPC.
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Go Back to forum