• Register
  • Help

Topic: GJBB: some instruments not sounds

Share/Bookmark

Question GJBB: some instruments not sounds

Hello friends,

I have Garritan Jazz & Big Band installed on my PC () as standalone application and as VST and DX also.
    If I running GJBB as standalone application and load "Alto flute" virtual keyboard plays and sounds correctly. Also "Flute 1", "Flute 2", "Piccolo", but if I load eg."Bass clarinet" (GJBB loads patch "Bass clarinet.nki" file successfully) but GJBB not sounds any tone.
    The same situation is for all clarinets, all saxes, all flugelhorns, all trumpets, all trombones, tuba,
    No sounds (no sound level indication also).
    Guitars are playing correctly, accordion, jazz pianos, vibraphones, el.piano, fretless and freted basses, upright basses, all brushes, all percussions also plays correctly.
    The same situation is if I try to use CJBB as VST in Cubase.

What is wrong?
    How can I resolve this problem.

Please help me.

Fred Flinstone

Re: GJBB: some instruments not sounds

The following might be the answer:

Many of the sounds in JABB and GPO require that the mod wheel (CC1) is set to a value greater than 0 in order to respond. Try playing a note repetitively and then increasing CC1 until you get a sound.

In Cubase, set CC1 to 100 for all JABB tracks before you start, but don't get into bad habits by leaving it at that value, its part of the volume / level system in JABB.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Thumbs up Re: GJBB: some instruments not sounds

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    The following might be the answer:

Many of the sounds in JABB and GPO require that the mod wheel (CC1) is set to a value greater than 0 in order to respond. Try playing a note repetitively and then increasing CC1 until you get a sound.

In Cubase, set CC1 to 100 for all JABB tracks before you start, but don't get into bad habits by leaving it at that value, its part of the volume / level system in JABB.
    Many thanks.
    It's working!
    Yes I played some tone and changed mod wheel and tone begins to sound.

It's curious that some instruments have set CC1 to proper values meanwhile others must be changed.

Fred

Go Back to forum