• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Share/Bookmark

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!

There is so much to be thankful for even with all the troubling news in our world.

Our people have celebrated Thanksgiving in years past during wars, calamities and natural disasters and various protracted economic downturns. We always pull through and become stronger.

As we prepare for Thanksgiving, I give thanks for our friends and the strong friendships that have developed in this community.

I give thanks for the fabulous music you all create and share with each other, the enriching advice and worthwhile help you give to others, and the contribution you have made to each other in time, knowledge, talent and other help. And I give thanks for the freedoms we enjoy and a world that seems to get better despite the any bad news.

We have a bounty of good things to be thankful for. When you think about it, it’s really easy to behold.

Stay warm, eat well and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Gary Garritan

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

And a HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you Gary and family.

Thanks for such wonderful music software products.
    We can't thank you enough for this, I guess, but we
    have to remind you that your endeavors to help educate
    and equip musicians EVERYWHERE is so appreciated.

Yes, we are THANKFUL on this THANKSGIVING Holiday.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Let me join the chorus...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am personally thankful to be back to "normal" (whatever that is) after a truck threw a tire into my windshield in April (missed my face but nobody could tell), a flood in June (just fixed now in mid-November), and unexpected surgery that had me laid up for a couple weeks. Could have been a whole lot worse...and friends from this forum were with me every step of the way through all of it, checking up on me frequently So...personal thanks to all who kept up with me during all the crap!

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

I wish all a very Happy Thanksgiving and remember:

STUFF THE TURKEY
    NOT YOUR FACE
    Well maybe you could stuff your face a little>

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

And a Very Happy Thanksgiving ftom Kentucky as well. One of the things I am thankful for is the friendship and camaraderie that exists here within the Garritan community. It seems I can always find help when I need it musically and usually a smile as well. All the best to everyone.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Gary.

While my FREE LOADING IN-LAWS will be eating my food and drinking my booze I will be in my studio with a six pack recording the string and brass sections for a Rock n Roll song that Steve Vaile wrote. I did the drums and bass guitar a few months ago.....now it's time for the synthesizers and orchestra.

Did I tell you how much I like GPO?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone....................................

Last edited by Hippie; 11-26-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Because
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am thankful that even in times like these, we can all make music with GPO or any other library, and also that there are still so many helpful and friendly people on these forums. Thanks everyone!

--Richard

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, GARY!

And to everyone else as well.

I *finally* had a moment to register and get over here to the forum.

As an introduction, my name is Jon and last Thursday, the Garritan Personal Orchestra rang through the Music Box / Henry Fonda Theater on Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood for several hours as I played the music I composed for the Los Angeles Music Awards event from 6 PM to 11PM. I composed the theme music which played between presentations and also fill-in / interrupt music to make sure there wasn't any dead-air during technical delays (which there were) and to interrupt speeches when they went on too long (none of those at the event).

It was an amazing time. I was also presented with my own award for Orchestral Composer of the Year!

Here is a link to some pics:
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2530002

I use GPO in Logic Pro 8 on a Mac Mini with an Apogee DUET.
    It's a modest setup to be able to make such a big, big sound.

Thanks Gary!
    I couldn't have done it without you.

All the best,

Jon
    ________winner________
    Orchestral Composer of the Year
    ________nominated for________
    Male Singer-Songwriter of the Year
    18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards
    myspace.com/ComeAndGetMe

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I hope all have a safe and joyous holiday!

David

Here is our first Thanksgiving Proclamation by George Washington 1789:

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor -- and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be -- That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks -- for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation -- for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the tranquility [sic], union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed -- for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted -- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions -- to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually -- to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed -- to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn kindness onto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord -- To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease [sic] of science among them and us -- and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

George Washington

Thumbs up Re: Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by magnificent View Post
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING, GARY!

And to everyone else as well.

I *finally* had a moment to register and get over here to the forum.

As an introduction, my name is Jon and last Thursday, the Garritan Personal Orchestra rang through the Music Box / Henry Fonda Theater on Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood for several hours as I played the music I composed for the Los Angeles Music Awards event from 6 PM to 11PM. I composed the theme music which played between presentations and also fill-in / interrupt music to make sure there wasn't any dead-air during technical delays (which there were) and to interrupt speeches when they went on too long (none of those at the event).

It was an amazing time. I was also presented with my own award for Orchestral Composer of the Year!

Here is a link to some pics:
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2530002

I use GPO in Logic Pro 8 on a Mac Mini with an Apogee DUET.
    It's a modest setup to be able to make such a big, big sound.

Thanks Gary!
    I couldn't have done it without you.

All the best,

Jon
    Wow!

Congratulation Jon, and welcome to the forum!

David

Go Back to forum