• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus&Omnisphere automation in Pro Tools

Share/Bookmark

Stylus&Omnisphere automation in Pro Tools

Hi guys

I just got the Omnisphere. Sounds great, in my opinion.
    I just can't figure out what is the best way to use it from the midi-control perspective. (the manual& the videos are great...but where can I find the basics about midi set-up?) I have to say that I figured out Stylus very well, but is not the same in Omnisphere..is it???

I have a Yamaha S90 wich I use as controler.
    Shall I open 8 instruments traks and assign the outputs from Omni to each?

Another thing that I cant figure out is the automation of Omnisphere (and Stylus). I did all the things I did with Strike, but nothing shows up on the 003 when I choose Omni or Stylus. Did somebody figured that out?

Thank you all, and I'm sorry for the long post.

I hope you help me with this, or at lest give me some link where I can find the answers.

Thank you all.

Re: Stylus&Omnisphere automation in Pro Tools

There's a video tutorial at support.spectrasonics.net that shows how to use RMX in Pro Tools, including multitimbral usage and automation. Look for the one titled "RMX and Pro Tools 7".

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn

I just watched the tutorial. It works, but there is a little problem. I would really like to control it from my Digi 003, not from my keyboard, and that is not working.
    The parameters list I chose is just not showing on the 003's display.
    Stylus, Omnisphere. Mac Pro 4G RAM, Pro Tools LE 7.4latest, Digi 003.

Question Re: Stylus&Omnisphere automation in Pro Tools

DigiTechSupt
    Administrator

Re: 003 automation for Stylus&Omnisphere
    The answer is - Omnisphere is not mapped out for the 003. The plug-in manufacturer would have to implement the mapping.

Ok...I got that Any chance that Spectrasonics will do that?

And second, is Stylus supouse to work, or this also needs Spectrasonics mapping?

I've been waiting so many days now

Can somebody give an answer, please???

Where else can I ask about this. I bought both Stylus and Omnisphere, can I please get some help?

Thank you.

I checked with Digidesign and confirmed that the comment from DigiTechSupport in that thread at duc.digidesign.com is incorrect. It is not necessary for RTAS plugins to have mappings for a Digidesign control surface. In fact, most don't. I don't have a 003, but Digidesign tested Stylus with with a 003 for me and they reported it worked fine. For Omnisphere, you'll first need to right-click->Enable Host Automation for any control you want to automate. Unfortunately, ProTools has a bug where the names of the Omnisphere parameters won't appear on the control surface. However, you can use Utility->MIDI Learn->MIDI Learn Report to determine what parameter each number corresponds to. I've been assured this will be fixed in an upcoming version of ProTools.

- Glenn

Thank you Glenn!

What happend with Stylus is that firts time I tried, all the parameters apeared on 003...but that was it. It's not there anymore.

I cheked the steps with Omni, and it's like you said, nothing apears.

Thank you very much for help, I really apreciate it.

Go Back to forum