• Register
  • Help

Topic: Possible Omni/User malfunctions

Share/Bookmark

Possible Omni/User malfunctions

Hello,
    I am getting strange behaviors from Omnisphere.
    Here are some of them. Can anyone please confirm or reject these?

1. I have a patch loaded into part 1. I play a note and only the number of the part lits up. Now I add a patch into part 2. I play a note and the first 4 part numbers lit up. Shouldn't only the first 2 light up?

2. I wanted to learn about the mixer. I open up the reference manual and type mixer or mixer page but I get only results for the glossary and main screens and some other stuff but nothing dedicated to the mixer page. Does this happen to you too?

3. In the reference manual I type: mixer.
    I get four results: 1. Glossary
    2. main/all.htm
    3. Part Level/Mute/Solo
    4. Glossary

When I press either the fourth or the second option I get a message asking me if I want to print these pages. If I press the other options I don't get the message.

4. I want to know what the "out A" through "out H" are in the mixer page but cannot find any reference to them in the manual. Do you not find it either?

5. Eric said that Omni is like 8 synths with 1 part each. I would like to route the different parts to different midi tracks in Cubase Studio 4. How do I do this? I can't find a reference for this in the manual either.

These are all very simple things to check so I hope that others can confirm or reject what I experience.

Thank you.

Re: Possible Omni/User malfunctions

Im not in the studio but 1. sounds like you activated stackmode and 4 parts are active but only 2 sound because no patch is loaded into part 3 and 4.
    A-H represents the 8 stereooutputs of Omnisphere. If you set it up correctly you cyn route everty Omnisphere part to its own channel in your DAW.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Im not in the studio but 1. sounds like you activated stackmode and 4 parts are active but only 2 sound because no patch is loaded into part 3 and 4.
    A-H represents the 8 stereooutputs of Omnisphere. If you set it up correctly you cyn route everty Omnisphere part to its own channel in your DAW.

Hans
    Thanks.
    Regarding 1, I am in stack mode but didn't do anything actively to activate parts 3 and four. How do I turn them off? They are definately empty parts.

How do I know how to set A-H correctly? Where can I find info on that?

Thanks.

go to the stack mode page and rightclick on the parts. you get a popupwindow where you can deactivate them.

Since i dont have Cubase i can only explain how to set up the outputs in Logic. Guess that wont be of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    go to the stack mode page and rightclick on the parts. you get a popupwindow where you can deactivate them.

Since i dont have Cubase i can only explain how to set up the outputs in Logic. Guess that wont be of any help.
    Done. Thanks. I deactivated two parts that are by default assigned to the stack mode.

Now I'm waiting for the other issues...anyone?

Hans, regarding the A-H, that is exactly what I'm trying to figure out. How to use Omni as an 8 part synth....anyone with cubase around here?

Good news. I figured out how to activate each part in its own midi track.
    For anyone interested:
    1. In Omnisphere load up patches in as many parts as you'd like. For example a single patch in parts 1, 2, 3.
    2. Go to the mixer page and choose a different 'out' letter for each part that you'd like to become a different track. In our case it would be 'out A' for part 1, 'out B' for part 2, 'out C' for part 3. Notice that part 1 is set to CH1, part 2 to CH2 and part 3 to CH3.
    3. In Cubase open up VST Instruments (F11) and choose one slot to load up Omnisphere. Then press the little arrow beside the slot and choose as many Omnisphere VST instruments (A-H) as you have set in step 2. In our case it would be A-C.
    3. Cubase creates 1 midi track but with as many Omnisphere VST instruments (A-H) as you chose with the little arrow so it is 3 (A-C) in our case.
    4. Create more midi tracks so that you have as many midi tracks as you have Omnisphere VST instruments (A-H). In our case we would need to create 2 more midi tracks so that we have a total of 3.
    5. In each midi track that we created set the correct channel so that it fits to the part channel number in Omnisphere (CH1, CH2, etc.).

That's it. Now each midi track corresponds to its own part in Omnisphere.

Still waiting for user responses regarding the manual problems...

Seems that the manual isn't complete yet. IIRC Eric said somewhere, that the manual will be updated with the upcoming patch library update. Did you watch the tutorial videos? The stuff missing in the manual is perfectly explained there: http://support.spectrasonics.net/ins...ial-videos.php

werner

Go Back to forum