• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: 2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music by Forum Members

Share/Bookmark

2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music by Forum Members

2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Enjoy the songs of the season while participating in the forum with this year's embedded Christmas Player.

Click on a Song Title below to Play

The Garritan Christmas Album is the 5th annual collaborative effort of the Garritan forum community and was put together in the spirit of giving for the holiday. A web site with this year's Christmas Album and albums from the last few years can be found here. There you can download the individual MP3's and the cover art and CD label.

We have also replicated some compact discs. If any of you would like to request a free compact disc of the album, please let me know and also send me an email (my PM gets filled often) with your mailing address or send a self-addressed stamped envelop to me at Box 400, Orcas, WA 98280 USA.

Here's the link again to the Christmas page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html

This album is dedicated to John Taylor, a forum member and friend who past away last summer.

Thanks to all who contributed and submitted songs for this project. I wish we could have included all of the songs that were sent. You all did a fantastic job! And a special thanks to Dan Kury (DPDan) for all his hard work putting this all together. And thanks PapaChalk and DeSound for making it possible to share together on this forum.

This album is special because it was made by forum members comprised of musicians from all walks of life - young and old, of different countries and languages, from differing skill levels and training, and from varying backgrounds and musical tastes - but all united in making this special collection so that people like you can benefit.

Like the past four Christmas mornings, I again plan to spend Christmas listening to music made by forum members while unwrapping presents and sharing the music and the holidays with family and friends.

This music will spread much joy this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

To Download MP3s, go to our Christmas Page

Re: 2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music by Forum Member

Hello Gary,

Thanks for the link and for making the Christmas CD possible. It's a wonderful gesture and opportunity.

Congratulations everyone and I would add my special thanks to DP Dan for his hard work in mastering the CD.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: 2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music by Forum Member

I look forward to this every year. Congratulations to everyone who participated. (Sorry I don't have time to listen right now, I'll give it a listen later tonight.)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Outstanding!!!

Another successful Christmas CD. Kudos to all of the composers, arrangers, and to Gary (who made it all possible in so many ways!)

We still need a keyboard emoticon!
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Thumbs up Re: 2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music by Forum Member

Thank you all for your great work !!! As last year, your music will enlighten our Christmas eve.

Greetings to everyone,
    Pierre Laroche

Thumbs up Re: 2008 GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music by Forum Member

I knew it would be great, yet it exceeds that by a couple of thousand miles.

I'm have been little by little preparing my work bench to be a combination workbench/sound system, and almost done. My coworkers will get to hear these and will be blown away when i show them these are made from samples.

I have mentioned to some at work, the Garritan Orchestra and other Garritan libraries, and that i'm learning to Orchestrate via the Rimski course. Some, their eyes glaze over, they ask to explain exactly what it is. After several attempts to explain, i then told them, "well it's kinda like playing the guitar... only different."

I think they'll have a more clear picture when they hear these.
    I'll give them all this link to get the mp3s.

David

When connecting to garritan.com the 'User Experience' block at the top right still refers to (quote);

" ..... Once again, the Garritan Community Christmas album iwill soon be available this holiday season. ..... "

The graphic is also still showing last year's cover. I was just wondering if this is an oversight or is the wording and the graphic in the process of being updated to refer to this years album?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    When connecting to garritan.com the 'User Experience' block at the top right still refers to (quote);

" ..... Once again, the Garritan Community Christmas album iwill soon be available this holiday season. ..... "

The graphic is also still showing last year's cover. I was just wondering if this is an oversight or is the wording and the graphic in the process of being updated to refer to this years album?
    Hi Michael,

When i open that page it appears to be the right cover, are you sure that you have not scrolled down to far?? Last year's music and cover is below this year's and below that is the 2006 music.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    Hi Michael,

When i open that page it appears to be the right cover, are you sure that you have not scrolled down to far?? Last year's music and cover is below this year's and below that is the 2006 music.

David
    Hello David,

I don't mean the Christmas page as in Gary's link (http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html) that page is fine.

What I mean is, when we visit www.garritan.com., At the top is the Steinway Virtual concert Grand banner, below that to the left is a block titled 'On the Marquee' and to the right is another block titled 'The User Experience'. It is this that has last year's cover with the text

"Once again, the Garritan Community Christmas album iwill soon be available this holiday season."
    Michael

My personal congratulations to everybody involved in making it even this year.

A special "bravo!" to vocalists: I remember Dan a little worried about quality of vocal tracks...LOL... but finally:

the results are absolutely fine and give so much variety to the overall project!

Another special Bravo to people I see in the last 5 years improving and improving... and improving again.

Finally a warm welcome to new producers, looking forward to writing together again.

I apologize for being following my personal clichè over and over, but I like so much finding clever harmonizations of simple tunes, and little fugato (well, this year not very "little"....-) , that i don't think I will change too much as long as Dan isn't sick of that...LOL.

So keep in touch, Christmas 2009 is not so far....

happy holidays to all.

Go Back to forum