• Register
  • Help

Topic: timing problems with JABB

Share/Bookmark

timing problems with JABB

I have loaded a score from Finale 9 to Sonar 7. I got the (big) band sounding the way I wanted. In an attempt to get a better drum track, I exported midi files from Band in a Box and that track is now playing on the second instance of K2. I can't get them in sync. The band seems to be lagging behind. I imagine this might just be due to audio latency but I don't know why it isn't affecting the drum track the same way. If it is any help I am using the Phrased Modeled Performance Multi. (which I love, by the way)
    the midi notes are all lining up in the piano roll.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Re: timing problems with JABB

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gaber View Post
    I have loaded a score from Finale 9 to Sonar 7. I got the (big) band sounding the way I wanted. In an attempt to get a better drum track, I exported midi files from Band in a Box and that track is now playing on the second instance of K2. I can't get them in sync. The band seems to be lagging behind. I imagine this might just be due to audio latency but I don't know why it isn't affecting the drum track the same way. If it is any help I am using the Phrased Modeled Performance Multi. (which I love, by the way)
    the midi notes are all lining up in the piano roll.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Brian,

The Phrased Modeled Performance Multi delays notes by 0 to a 10th of a second depending on your note timing setting (cc3) on each midi channel. You can set cc3 & cc6 (Timming Variation) to 0 but that will eliminate much of the humnization PMPM provides. If your using the JABB drums for the BIAB track using the the Phrase Modeled Performance Multi on the second instance of the K2 Player should put them back in sync. If the BIAB midi is all on channel 10 you could also route that to the 1st instance of K2 player. 4th choice is to slide the BIAB track xx ticks to compensate for the PMPM latency.

Thanks for the endorsement, good to hear PMPM is being used and helpful.

Go Back to forum