• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pop Session (Garritan Steinway)

Pop Session (Garritan Steinway)

Can you imagine Garritan Steinway sounding in pop style? Well, this is a drastic change but i always wanted to do something like this: an 80´s inspired pop - rock- new age session. Here it is:

Re: Pop Session (Garritan Steinway)

Hello Victor,

Very enjoyable! I bet any pop producer would kill for a piano sound like this. I like the way this little piece is poppy and catchy yet also inventive and musically interesting, thanks in large part to your harmonic sophistication and refined playing. Many thanks for posting this!

Best wishes,

Is this one yours?

It's great!!

You doing much work on this in a Piano Roll view, or are you this good?

Just fantastic!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Just a great performance. Really admire your control
    of the piano and also the Garritan Authorized Steinway.

Wonderful sound.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Awesome playing and rendering! Will you please share your settings?

Hi Jan, thanks for your words, i wanted a piece with a typical pop scheme but adding some progressions and structural changes that helped me to create a pop work that were not predictible. This is an style that i don´t usually perform but i always have loved and studied of course.

Ron i could say that this work is mine but at the same time i used a lot of commonplaces at my convenience. I didn´t understand what you wrote about the piano roll view, but if you are refering of using a sequencer i played it from the keyboard and recorded in mp3. Thanks for your words!.

Hi Jack, thanks for your comments, i wanted to create this work because i am exploring the huge versatility of GAS and i am very pleased with the results.

Hi Davin, these are the settings:

Perspective: Close
    Tone: High +12 dB
    Ambience: Parlor. 30% the wet slider and dry slider at 90% (less or more).

VERY NICE Victor!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Shelton, Washington State

A great job on this. You made the G. piano sound wonderful and it was a nice tune also.

I thoroughly enjoyed the listen, Victor. There's LOTS of pop music out there; pop music throughout the ages. But there isn't as much nicely written and nicely played pop music. I guess what determines the quality of "nice" is debatable and most probably up to individual taste, but I appreciate the thought and skill behind this piece. For what it's worth, it's nice to me.

I like your concept, I like the chord progressions and piano voicings; oh, and yea, I like the sound! To my very modest ears, you made the Garritan Steinway piano sound really (oh gosh, please forgive me. . . ) very nice.

Thanks for sharing the music.

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Boulder, Colorado

I have nothing else to add, but I just wanted to say that this is really incredible. Your piece is just awesome, and also your playing with the Garritan Steinway. I'm very impressed. I play a little on the side and hope to get to that kind of skill someday.

It's odd, when one majors in music, they don't really have too much time for any instruments outside of their major. I find myself in that spot a lot, but I digress.

As a small side note, this has me sold on the Steinway . Someday...hahaha.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast