• Register
  • Help

Topic: from Denny Zeitlin authorized Ivory Upright Demo

Share/Bookmark

from Denny Zeitlin authorized Ivory Upright Demo

Hi,
    Here is my latest Ivory Upright Demo.
    http://www.synthogy.com/demo/DennyZe...irTranscSF.mp3
    Its my Pianosolo transcription of a Denny Zeitlin Piece from the 80th, authorized by Denny Zeitlin himself! - by the way: really a quite nice guy -
    I hope you like it and my decision for the Ivory modern Upright.
    best
    Steffen (now from near by Hamburg)

Re: from Denny Zeitlin authorized Ivory Upright Demo

Fantastic!

Awesome! Denny Zeitlin is one of my favorite pianists. I've seen him play several times, and I am always impressed by his playing.

Thank You linwood and gregjazz for your kind reaction.
    gregjazz I absolutly share your high esteem of Denny Zeitlin, thats why I chose one of his solos, which seemed to me encompass a wide variety of what modern Jazzpiano could sound like in a very strong and beautiful way.
    best
    Steffen

Denny's a bad dude. I remember back in the late '60's when I was a kid and someone played me Blue Phoenix and it blew my mind. You did a great job, bro.

Great demo & great piece...
    Denny Zeitlin, pianist & psychiatrist...what a combo!!
    I wore out my copy of Zeitgeist years ago. Gotta replace it if possible

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Interesting piece, great playing but I must be too much of a lounge lizard.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would want to play that piece on an upright. Or why there would be a concert hall reverb. Uprights are a flavor and, with all due respect (I've purchased Ivory), the demo doesn't bring out that flavor.

Ernie

Hi Ernie,
    Thanks for your Intrest for my little Transkription.
    I understand your Point as far you relate to "an upright" like others sell usually just one Sampleset as "upright Piano".

But Ivory Upright is not just "an" or "one" Upright with "a" or "one" flavour" , but a complete set of different "Uprights" with each of them having their very own "flavour". So there is some difference between a "modern Upright" a "Honky tonk Barroom Upright" or a "Real Tack Piano" aswell as an "1914 Hume vintage Upright".

As far as the "1914 A.M. Hume Vintage Upright" for instance has its certain warm and intimate character like the diligent looked after Piano that might have survived in some Livingrooms - still ready to let you hear some charming melodies.

But this is totally different from the "Yamaha U5 Modern Upright" what you - as I understand it - might more likely find in one or another modern Jazzclub. Sharing some qualities with modern Grandpianos relating to its brilliant tone but in an overall much more compact Upright sound.

For some kind of modern Jazz it seems to me with its own kind of powerful Sound much more authentic than the ultimate high end Grandpiano regular Piano-Samplelibraries usually contribute.

Perhaps its just a question to rise and precise your musical demands to imagine what Ivory Upright could do.

best Steffen

Go Back to forum