• Register
  • Help

Topic: using woodwinds with solo strings

Share/Bookmark

using woodwinds with solo strings

I may have posted this to the wrong forum, so I will post it again here:

I use Sibelius through GPO - I purchased GPO as a standalone, then purchased the sibelius "crossgrade". I am up to date with Sibelius 5.25. I have begun a piece for string quartet, flute, and english horn, and the attack on the solo strings is very delayed. so when the winds, the attack of which is not delayed, play with the strings, it sounds ridiculous. Is there anything i can do?

Re: using woodwinds with solo strings

Quote Originally Posted by rsratner View Post
    I may have posted this to the wrong forum, so I will post it again here:

I use Sibelius through GPO - I purchased GPO as a standalone, then purchased the sibelius "crossgrade". I am up to date with Sibelius 5.25. I have begun a piece for string quartet, flute, and english horn, and the attack on the solo strings is very delayed. so when the winds, the attack of which is not delayed, play with the strings, it sounds ridiculous. Is there anything i can do?
    Higer velocity values will shorten the solo strings attack.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC View Post
    Higer velocity values will shorten the solo strings attack.
    thanks for your reply, but i have no clue what higer velocity values are nor how to adjust them

Quote Originally Posted by rsratner View Post
    thanks for your reply, but i have no clue what higer velocity values are nor how to adjust them
    Every midi note has a velocity setting 0 to 127, in GM synths used for volume. Page 266 of the Sib 5 manual details how to adjust velocity for single notes and groups of notes.

Go Back to forum