• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's Time for TubaChristmas!!

Share/Bookmark

It's Time for TubaChristmas!!

Friends...

If you are in a city that has a TubaChristmas event, please try to check it out...it is stunning, both musically and visually. I just did the one in Indianapolis, and it is one of the highlights of my Christmas season.
    This year we had 65 or so players ranging from 11 years old to 86.

In Los Angeles, they will attempt to break the **1000** player mark this year.

What? You don't know if there is a TubaChristmas in your city?!?!?
    Just point your browser to www.tubachristmas.com and find the nearest one...you'll be glad you did!!

Snor (who has been involved with TubaChristmas since the first one in NYC in 1974) Lax
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: It's Time for TubaChristmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Friends...

If you are in a city that has a TubaChristmas event, please try to check it out...it is stunning, both musically and visually. I just did the one in Indianapolis, and it is one of the highlights of my Christmas season.

Just point your browser to www.tubachristmas.com and find the nearest one...you'll be glad you did!!

Snor (who has been involved with TubaChristmas since the first one in NYC in 1974) Lax
    Sounds like a great time! One of my majors is double bass performance, so I have a deep respect for my brass counterpart . I doubled tuba lines back in high school playing electric bass as well, so I think I'll feel right at home - watching from the sidelines of course. I do have music instrument species disorientation sometimes from playing all of those tuba lines.... They might have to hold me back.

I'll be attending Tuba Christmas in Victoria, Canada this Saturday. It will be the 30th anniversary of Tuba Christmas in Victoria. Gene Dowling, the founder of the group in Victoria (and Snor admirer), will be conducting

Looking forward to going. Sure hope there's a harp in that ensemble.

Gary

Thumbs up Re: It's Time for TubaChristmas!!

Thanks Professor jim,

It looks like they have one here on Christmas eve. I may go to the one in Southlake on the 13th, the Town Center is close to where i work.

David

I don't believe this!

BUFFALO-NIAGARA - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13 - TIME: 7:00 pm
    REHEARSAL: 5:30 same as registration
    PARKING: Kleinhans Music Hall lot
    NOTE: Bring a music stand/lyre and wear festive clothing, we perform before Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra concert.
    CONDUCTOR: Scott Bean

Ha!

Lightbulb Re: It's Time for TubaChristmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Friends...

I'll be at the San Jose Saxophone Xmas on 12/20, playing sarrusophone (on the contrabass sax parts), youngest daughter joining me on bass sarrusophone (on the bass sax parts).

Enjoy!

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Go Back to forum