• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere - Using it efficiently

Omnisphere - Using it efficiently

Hi GlennO,

I've managed to set part 1 from Omni (out A/channel 1 in mixer) on a Cubase midi track, part 2 from Omni (out A/channel 2 in mixer) on a second Cubase midi track and part 3 from Omni (out A/channel 3 in mixer) on a third midi track. Now each midi track in Cubase corresponds to 1 part in Omni. My question is if I can use the feature that's found in Omni's stack mode where I can set the different parts to play from key X to key Y linearly fading in from X to Y and not have the parts play across the entire keyboard in equal volume? I cannot turn on stack mode since then I hear all the parts in each of the midi tracks.

Re: Omnisphere - Using it efficiently

Sure, just use key tracking as a source to modulate amplitude. Turn up the modulation depth to make the effect more pronounced.

- Glenn

Cubase has controls for hard note splits (not cross fades) right there in the inspector.
    Note Filter.

Glenn, how would you approach fading in and fading out over a key range using key tracking? And how would you define the curve?

Not sure I understand the question. Using key tracking in Omnisphere the way I described, the amplitude will be linearly affected, centered on middle C.

- Glenn

So it's not really a substitute for the stacking mode operation where one has control of the cross fade angle and, most importantly, can determine a range. Using key tracking will allow a simple A/B crossfade.
    Hopefully we are going to see a hybrid stacking mode which allows for channel independence and stack/live mode operation within one instantiation. I think we've touched on this already in the 'suggestions' thread.

Go Back to forum