• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Jon wins Orchestral Composer of the Year - 18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards

Share/Bookmark

Jon wins Orchestral Composer of the Year - 18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards

Jon posted about his outstanding achievement in the Happy Thanksgiving thread and I want to post it in its own thread so it gets the attention it deserves.

The award Jon (aka Jon Magnificent) received is ORCHESTRAL COMPOSER OF THE YEAR at the 18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards on November 20th. He was also nominated (1 of 5 nominees out of 10,000 entrants) for MALE SINGER-SONGWRITER of the YEAR. Jon was also later hired to compose music for the event and to orchestrate songs for several of the other performers.

Jon with his award

This award resulted from a submission of a demo for a song called "You Won't Believe This" for the album of the same name which Jon hopes to release early next year.

Jon wrote in his Thanksgiving Day post: "the Garritan Personal Orchestra rang through the Music Box / Henry Fonda Theater on Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood for several hours as I played the music I composed for the Los Angeles Music Awards event from 6 PM to 11PM. I composed the theme music which played between presentations and also fill-in / interrupt music..."

Jon's song "You Won't Believe This" has a powerful string section that drives the song which was created with the GPO, using Logic Studio 8 on a Mac Mini with an Apogee DUET.

Bravo John and well-deserved! Your music is incredible and it is no wonder you won the award.

Congratulations on this outstanding achievement and may you have many more successes!

All our best,

Gary Garritan

Jon playing piano with Eric Erskine

See some more pictures here:

Re: Jon wins Orchestral Composer of the Year - 18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards

Thank you Gary!

Like I said before, I couldn't have done it without you.

GPO allows me to make the music I only dreamt of before.
    Now others can hear it, too! ...and they seem to like it.

All the best,

Jon
    ________winner________
    Orchestral Composer of the Year
    ________nominated for________
    Male Singer-Songwriter of the Year
    18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards
    myspace.com/ComeAndGetMe

Re: Jon wins Orchestral Composer of the Year - 18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards

Congratulations Jon!!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks Sean!
    ________winner________
    Orchestral Composer of the Year
    ________nominated for________
    Male Singer-Songwriter of the Year
    18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards
    myspace.com/ComeAndGetMe

Way to go, Mr. Jon. I'm proud of you!

My Best,

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Congrats Jon! and nice song!

Quick qustion about it (if you dont mind). What effect did you use on the voice during the verses? sort of backward flangy thing? was there a pluggin that did it for you? or did you painstakingly manipulate audio files, panning flanging etc to get it? its a cool effect that Id love to use!

Cheers and congrats again!

It's always nice and uplifting to sign on the forum and read of great accomplishments such as Jon's. Of course, with an orchestra library like GPO it has to be good!

Congratulations Jon!
    Styxx

Congratulations Jon

What a thrill and honor! WOWser
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    on a Mac Mini
    This cracks me up. The now discontinued Mac Mini was way underpowered, but look what even it was able to accomplish! Mazel-tov, Jon!
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Jon:

The feeling of success must be exhilarating after all
    the work and years you have put into your music
    training.

Congratulations, and many more successes in the future.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum