• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I've ALMOst recovered--whew! (back from Russia)

I've ALMOst recovered--whew! (back from Russia)

HELLO all!

Phase One of my work in Moscow is complete. That's where the repertory company at The Stas Namin Centre in Gorky Park are gearing up for the international professional premiere of my musical, "Dorian-The Remarkable Mister Gray."

I arrived back in Oregon on Nov. 24th, and it's been unexpectedly difficult to adapt again to this time zone and to be away from the big project in Russia.

Last night was the first time I've slept solidly through the night. Previous to that, I kept waking up at 1 AM thinking it was time for rehearsals!--Moscow time is 11 hours later, so 1 AM here in Oregon is noon in Moscow, the time when rehearsals begin.

It's strange to be back home when there's still so much work to do on the show. I'm keeping in touch via email, but for now the show is in the hands of the production staff. We'd only barely begun by the time I had to fly back after a hectic 3 weeks of working with them.

I'll be back in Moscow in March or April to work with the cast and crew for an intensive period right on up to their opening night.

Meanwhile, I invite everyone here in The Garritan Gang to take a look at the blog I've been maintaining through our local newspaper. The most recent blog is a video of the Moscow troupe performing "HAiR"--in Russian!

A big plus to being back home is that I can once again be dropping by here once in awhile. I did what I could to stay in touch while I was there in Moscow, but my time was very limited. I'm still a busy guy, but look forward to participating as much as I can here.

West Seneca, NY

Re: I've ALMOst recovered--whew! (back from Russia)

Wow, that's great Randy! Nice to have you back in the USA. You think your production will ever find it's way to The Shea's Buffalo Performing Arts Center some time? I know it's cold here but not as cold as Russia and you don't have to worry too much about the time difference.

Shelton, Washington State

I'm glad to see you made it back safe and sound.

The weather looked chilly but I imagine it can be much colder there by now.

They have a strange way of working on musicals. It's like seemingly disorganized multitasking. Maybe it's roots come from the three ring circus.

I bet you are really going to be excited and maybe a little anxious about their progress when you return to Moscow next spring.

It's all pretty awesome!

California Redwoods

Well, I would guess that it was an exciting experience, but now you need to recuperate to be ready for the real stress as opening night approaches!

Hey Randy - Welcome back!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Randy -

Welcome back! Glad you're home safe and sound. Looking forward to reading your blog. I saw the pictures that you posted here a while back. Very cool and exciting!

See you around these parts!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Hey all you cool Garritan cats--Thanks for the replies. I'm here to say that the stressed word "ALMost" in this thread's subject line still needs to be emphasized. I've been back for almost 2 weeks but I am still having a terrible time sleeping at the right times and sleeping very deeply when I do manage to konk out--my days are still scrambled blurs. Maybe what someone in Moscow told me is true, that the deep mystery of Russia was going to wrap around me and not let go!

I'll be fine eventually, just didn't expect such a protracted recuperation time.

Meanwhile, I'm staying in touch with the theatre, doing what I can to help them out with production details. Even though it was a bit tough being away from home for that long (3 weeks) I wish I could be there right now to work more with them all face-to-face.

So the mysterious dream-like experience of "Dorian" in Russia continues.

EDIT--I meant to say that if you visit my current blog (link in this thread's initial post) it'd be great if you'd click on the "recommend" button to help make the blog more visible. It's the darndest thing trying to get anything online actually Found. So far my videos, blogs and web pages have only teeny little audiences. Like everyone else who works with online info, I spend a lot of time and energy doing it all, so it'd be great to actually have an audience.--Thanks!

Take care, all.
    Randy B.

Changed it from (17) to (18).

Hi Randy!

Wow. That is a huge time difference.

I found something that may help you get to sleep when you want:
    It's montmorency cherry juice concentrate. 2 tablespoons in water about an hour before you want to be asleep. It helps regulate the body's sleep cycle.

This is the cheapest place I have found to get it. I always keep some on hand. It last forever in a freezer...well at least a good year or so and it doesn't freeze.

Hope that helps!

Take some to Moscow when you return there to get back on that schedule.
    But for now, here's hoping you get back on West Coast time.

All the best,

Orchestral Composer of the Year
    ________nominated for________
    Male Singer-Songwriter of the Year
    18th Annual Los Angeles Music Awards

Hello Randy and welcome back! I watched the video blog (and went to your blog to recommend it) and really enjoyed watching you work with the folks in Russia. I bet it was a blast!

A few notes....

1) I don't think anyone was wondering about you recovering. More like if Russia was able to recover!

2) I have had several mysterious phone calls from what sound to be Russian hotties looking for Randy Bowsinski-Baby. Any explanations?

3) If you need help going to sleep, chug some vodka! Might as well keep the remedy Russian....

Last of all, is there anyplace we can get a video or CD of the play? I would love to have either!

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum