• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tragedy in Mumbai

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Tragedy in Mumbai

I am still in disbelief over what has happened in Mumbai last week.

Vipin, one of our forum members from Mumbai is okay and safe. I am so glad to hear that. I hope his friends and his loved ones are alright. And our thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families for their irreparable loss. And also to the people of Mumbai who had to suffer through the terror unfolding in their city.

I find it impossible to comprehend how anyone can set out to mass murder innocent people so brutally. These barbaric acts make no sense and achieve nothing.

At times like this, words fail us.

It is my hope this is the last we see of such mindless violence, but my mind tells me this is not going to be so.

This is all so sad.

Re: Tragedy in Mumbai

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    I find it impossible to comprehend how anyone can set out to mass murder innocent people so brutally. These barbaric acts make no sense and achieve nothing.
    I know why, but maybe I will post you on it with a personal email. So very, very pleased that Vipin and fam are OK.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen View Post
    "They were using new weapons and we were using things from the colonial era"
    Sounds like the North Hollywood Shootout of 1997. Remember that Ern?

Of course, we moved into the Santa Ana wind tunnel fire area next door to an insane man!
    This reminded me... My favorite TV comedy right now is Big Bang Theory on CBS. It is written by a very gifted writer Chuck Lorre and he has a vanity card (those quick little credit windows at the end) that contain hilarious commentary. Unfortunately, they are only up for two or three seconds. Luckily, he posts his vanity cards (some are networked censored) online to read properly. Here is one that reminded me of your post.

I really am worried about another tragedy here in SoCal when it starts raining this winter.
    Wow, you sure have some cool rocks to look at. I wish I can see more of my favorite mountain, San Gorgonio.

Is it possible to get some black plastic sheeting ready? Keeping the rain from soaking in as much as possible will help. Not knowing your backyard terrain, this might be a consideration, or outright impossibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    I am still in disbelief over what has happened in Mumbai last week.

Vipin, one of our forum members from Mumbai is okay and safe. I am so glad to hear that. I hope his friends and his loved ones are alright. And our thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families for their irreparable loss. And also to the people of Mumbai who had to suffer through the terror unfolding in their city.

At times like this, words fail us.

It is my hope this is the last we see of such mindless violence, but my mind tells me this is not going to be so.

This is all so sad.
    This is so terribly sad I hope that all of those affected can find peace. I pray that tragedies like this won't happen again, even though I know that they probably will.

Go Back to forum