Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What is going on with Spectrasonics

Share/Bookmark

What is going on with Spectrasonics

Hi .It's as if Apple bought them..No Nothing.... So what's up guys ?? JON

Re: What is going on with Spectrasonics

what do you mean?

Just what I said..It is a sarcastic humor...No anything from them for quite a while...But it seems a bit after the fact that things were right around the corner for,,Oh you go firure...More tut.s,,,any form of video or audio examples for anyone interetsed.. The list goes on..You must not use a Mac..Or you may have picked up on the sarcasm..It isn't a negative thing,just what it is..Now you know what it is.. LOL JON......run with it.

I'm sure they're working round the clock to get the next update out. The longer it takes, the better it'll be!

Thumbs up Re: What is going on with Spectrasonics

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post
    Hi .It's as if Apple bought them..No Nothing.... So what's up guys ?? JON
    Irony is a fine form of humour but difficult to convey in print (or in music, for that matter).

Now if you were british we might have understood sooner (need a devilish emoticon here).

Actually this forum is very poorly equipped with emoticons IMO.

Laughin' Peas 2 all

Nigel

I don't know... call me crazy, but I have a feeling some people at Spectrasonics are very busy making thousands of patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa View Post
    I don't know... call me crazy, but I have a feeling some people at Spectrasonics are very busy making thousands of patches.
    I hope so. I used every single patch in a song I wrote and now I'm all out...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Hope the new patches are free ones.

Hello all,

I think I posted a long time ago that the ergonomics of this instrument are so brilliant that we all can make 100's of patches per day and maybe we have never seen before a software instrument that encourages us to do so.

Re mac v pc -- very interesting. I wonder if we pc users are at a crossroads, we have xp 32 bits with 2*10 to the 32 = 4.2 GB max for memory from which we have to subtract graphics card etc so around 3 GB max. I do not know current macs but my impression is that if the user has the money to put in memory then much more can be accessed. And mac memory is so expensive.

So for pc we have also vista 32 with the same constraint - maybe worse for vista is bigger. Then we have the 64 bit versions with the promise of 128GB. But who has all his/her software and drivers 64 bit?

Xmas is a time of reflection; we have here a developer who put 1-2 cycle waveforms with total memory <1mb into groundbreaking synths of the past. Today we have samples of synths from the past in Omnisphere of 50 - 300+ Mb per part. 8 such parts makes a big instrument.

Not complaining, but to work this synth needs a lot of memory and today a pc is disadvantaged compared to a mac.

nevertheless, for xmas I have a new Asus P6T motherboard and stack of 9650 ram. Reviewed as a "gamers paradise". We will see.

In the releases of Omnisphere so far, problems have been posted in the pc domain; from macs virtually absent. So macs are ahead.

But, we might get a new release in the New Year that will regain for pc's their rightful dominance.

Take care, Neil

finally, ned - I would prefer that the small, but serious defects of the intrument receive attention before we get a plethora of new intruments

best wishes, ps Neil

ps Ned your work on trilogy and atmosphere is still so good!!!!!!!!

Go Back to forum