• Register
  • Help

Topic: Here we go

Share/Bookmark

Here we go

After a few false starts due to computer problems, I finally have a quad core 32-bit 4-gig RAM system that is up and running well. I have loaded Finale 2009 and today will begin the tutorials.

So far I have a couple of basic questions:

Where is Kontac that will allow me to use Finale 2009 with full GPO? I thought it was included on the Finale 2009 disk, but so far can not find it.

If I use ARIA, I will be severely limited as to samples. When will a new version of GPO available that ARIA can recognize?

While waiting for input to the questions, I am off to learn Finale 2009.
    Last edited by Tom_Davis; 12-03-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Here we go

After posting these questions a number of times on various web sites and getting no response, I am beginning to believe that there is not going to be a way to use Kontakt or full GPO with Aria and hence Finale 2009.

Re: Here we go

Hi Tom,

Finale does support all VST's now so you should be able to load the KP2 GPO alongside other VSTs (like the bundled ARIA player). I am not a Finale user, so I've been avoiding the topic, but I believe you'll need to copy the KontaktPlayer2.dll file along with some finale-specific instrument definition files over to the FinaleVST folder for everything to show up and play nicely. The procedure should be really similar to the methods to get it working in 2007 and 2008. Read through the stickies above, perhaps?

(Finale users please correct me!)

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum