• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #4 "Terrorism by Storm"

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #4 "Terrorism by Storm"

Share/Bookmark

Post Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #4 "Terrorism by Storm"

It's time to...

Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #4 "Terrorism by Storm"

There were 3 entries this time and each of the participants did an excellent job.

The choices are:For this fourth movie challenge the premise of this round was:
    TITLE: “Terrorism by Storm”
    Tagline: “Takedown in the Gulf”
    Synopsis:
    It was hot in the TSR (Temporary Safety Refuge) and it was about to get even hotter as a terrorist group breeches the P-32 oil drilling platform in the Gulf of Mexico, intent on sinking the platform under the guise of a natural disaster, Hurricane Gary.

Using a raft, so as to minimize detection, the terrorists would board the platform in the darkness of the new moon. With engineering precision, they executed their plan which was several years in the making. Once three of the four structural supports of the platform were sufficiently weakened, it was only a matter of time before P-32 would fold in the face of the category 4 winds of Gary.

The World would initially attribute the disaster to Hurricane Gary, but then clues left by Roger Fram would create sufficient doubt to launch an investigation and the truth ultimately surfaces.
    Again, many thanks to Bill (wrayer) for organizing and setting up this challenge. And a big thanks to those who participated in this round!

This is a "one-vote-per-person" poll. We'll keep the voting open for about two weeks.

Enjoy listening and best of luck to the entrants!

Gary Garritan

Re: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #4 "Terrorism by Storm"

I voted for one that made me empty the sand out of my boots.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Re: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #4 "Terrorism by Storm"

These 3 are very good. Each projected a different feel and direction to the problem at hand. Nice Job everyone.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

There are 3 wonderful works presented here. Best of luck to all!

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Sorry about the link in #1. It should be fixed now.

~Gary

Thanks Gary - you're the man!

Challenge #10 Winner

Very interesting jobs here. Congrats to all entrants.

(BTW.: ¿Should not be entries anoymous? This includes the mp3 info, i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolano View Post
    (BTW.: ¿Should not be entries anoymous? This includes the mp3 info, i guess
    Well, the entrants should not post info in the properties summary of the mp3 file. I don't screen for those comments. I should probably include that in the rules for entering.

But if you don't look there (or don't know how to look there) you won't know the composer.

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Wow, fantastic job everyone!

I found some hidden surprises when I listened again with headphones.

I, myself, compose with headphones because of my noisy New York City environment. As a result, I usually have to struggle to coax the sound I hear in the headphones out of my speakers. Perhaps someday I'll figure out a more efficient process.

Good luck to all the participants.

Ken

Come on folks, you have to vote for me some more!

JUST JOKING, WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE VOTES!

One week to go, but it will last longer, because I will be out of the country for a week starting this Saturday (13th - ugh, bad date).

So the voting is up to you all!

Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum