• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Vintaudio Giga Clean Electric Guitars get pirated grrrr !

Share/Bookmark

Vintaudio Giga Clean Electric Guitars get pirated grrrr !

Well.... someone emailed me this .nfo file from a group called \"DELIRIUM\" here\'s an excerpt:\" ..: Title: Vintaudio.Clean.Electric.Guitars.GIGA-DELiRiUM

.................................................. ........... ...

:.:..

:.:

Supplier ... King AJ

Packager ... Team DELiRiUM

Release Type ... GIGA

Format ... Bin / Cue

Release Date ... 01-29-2002

Release Size ... CD1: 08 x 15mb

CD2: 13 x 15mb

CD3: 12 x 15mb

CD4: 11 x 15mb

Release Num ... 106

Where to buy ...

http://www.vintaudio.com/GCEG.htm

... .................................................. ... .. .
    , i guess it\'s a shock when it happens to you for the first time, i might as well get used to it....
    I have a question to the other developpers (and please if you want to talk to me about this in private,i would appreciate any insight). I have a list of every buyer of the library how do i pin the bad guy who pirated, can i, how can i identify the guilty pirate ? any insight into this would be appreciated, allthough i know it\'s part of this business, i\'d sure like to pin these guys if i can....

*cringes*
    Franky
    Vintaudio Prod. www.vintaudio.com

Re: Vintaudio Giga Clean Electric Guitars get pirated grrrr !

Digital Watermarking Franky

Or do custom builds of libraries for each user.

pain in the *** ...

Sorry about the pirating that really sucks man

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Watermarking, i don\'t know ... and even then i guess i\'d have to log every copy in some way ? really i am clueless in this dept.

what do you mean by custom build ?

really i am an idiot.... lol i know nothing about this topic, but watch me learn real quick after this incident...

Franky
    Vintaudio prod. www.vintaudio.com

Talk to the developers privately I\'m sure they can be more helpful than anyone, and keeping the \"secrets\" away from public eyes helps you keep security

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Yes that\'s kind of what i\'m hoping for, other developers contacting me in private, really i need some serious insight in this area.

anyone with insight into this can contact me at : francisco@vintaudio.com

Franky
    Vintaudio Prod. www.vintaudio.com

Hi Franky!

I\'m really sorry to hear the pirating seems to have caught you as well.

Being not at all an expert in the area of watermarking etc, just some \'loud thinking\':

One thing that struck my mind thinking what to do against this is to give every single sold CDROM a unique id, burried in one or more of the samples. Of course in a way that you can\'t hear it. When the pirated version is a digital copy, you should be able to extract that id and identify at least by/via whom the pirated CDROMs were purchased.

Practically, it means that every CDROM is unique and no longer can be multiplied in the traditional manner. On the other hand, maybe there\'s already some unique id on every CDROM that can be read with some utility...

This still doesn\'t prevent pirating, but at least you can trace down things a bit.

Don\'t let the pirating make you depressed.
    It\'s part of reality. Just as the many GOOD things in life are!

This week I incidentaly received my copy of the Giga Clean Electric Guitars. Suffice to say I\'m looking forward to start playing with them this weekend!

All the best, Robert

Hi Franky,
    wellcome to the club...

I freaked out last year about all this piracy.

But I believe in devine justice and karma...

Scarbee

------------------
    Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Bass Libraries

He he... thank you Scarbee, it\'s always a shock when it happens for the first time i guess... i feel just a wee bit violated and cheated it\'s very frustrating.
    i also beleive in Murphy\'s law...

Robert, a lightbulb just went off in my head, i want to thank you, you didn\'t give me the answer but it got me thinking and i think i\'ve come up with a pretty nifty solution.

Franky
    Vintaudio Productions.

Robert Kooijman, basically what you describe is digital watermarking.

Franky, give Gary Garritan a call regarding digital watermarking. His number is on the Garritan Orchestral Strings website: http://www.gigastrings.com

Nick Phoenix has also used digital watermarking on Quantum Leap Brass.

HOnestly I believe Digital Watermarking is the way to go.

\"nifty\" solutions might still have \"workarounds\" dont underestimate piraters. Even if it takes work to get around a naming onvention or the like. These guys WILL do it.

Also with watermaring you will be able to catch people actually using the libraries without actually buying them. Nick Pheonix did this with QLB and nailed a high profile composer.

These are the guys I think deserve to get nailed. Its not like all composers are rich, but obviously they can work sampling or recording real players into their budget!

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum