• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere: Balaphonia : Reverb?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere: Balaphonia : Reverb?

Hi,

I can't seem to find a way to turn off the reverb on the sound called Balaphonia. Is it possible that the reverb is recorded in the sound?

TIA

Re: Omnisphere: Balaphonia : Reverb?

If you turn off all the effects, then the reverb is most likely in the soundsource.

That's what I suspected. I just had a hard time imagining restricting such a cool sound to be stuck with the deep mono reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    Hi,
    I can't seem to find a way to turn off the reverb on the sound called Balaphonia. Is it possible that the reverb is recorded in the sound?
    TIA
    There's no reverb on Balaphonia here. Have a look at the 'Multi' effects - they act as a master effects for all the parts (Even if MULTI is switched off). Click on MULTI and then FX, you'll see AUX1 - 4 and MASTER buttons across the top. It may be that you have a reverb on one of these. I think the default Multi that loads when you load a new instance of Ominisphere has a reverb in either the master or one of the AUX's. One thing you can do is to save a blank Multi with no FX and load that when your building new sounds, saves having to turn off the Multi's reverb.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I'll check the multi FX.

Steve

Well ... I've checked Balaphonia again ... removed all FX in A, B, and Common, and checked Multi Aux 1,2,3,4 and Master and there are no FX showing but there is still a deep reverb on the sound.

Can anyone else please confirm if they can get a dry Balaphonia?

Thanks

Hi Steve,

I`ve just even loaded an empty patch with the Balaphoniasample: the reverb is implemented in the sample, so I think you won`t have a chance to "free" the sound from the reverb.

Possibly it could help to decrease release and decay time and reduce sustain to 0 in the AMP Envelope section of the edit page if you only need the percussive part of the sample. Nevertheless the character of the sound depends strongly on the reverb and so remains.

greetings, humphrey
    C5, Forte, Cantabile, Komplete 7, OP-X Pro-II, KORE2, EOS, Halion 3, HSO, FM7, B4, VB3, Sylenth1, virt. Guit., Minimoog V, Stylus RMX exp, Omnisphere, Vista Home Premium 64, Q6600, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, 8GB RAM Mushkin, 4 Samsung Harddisks / 1,5 TByte, RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface, Motu Midi Express 128, NI Kore 2, Motif ES7, Fantom XR, Wavestation SR, Plugiator, TC M-One XL, ADA8000

Thanks Humphrey,

I really appreciate you having a look. I was thrown off totally by Antiphones telling me that he had no reverb on his.

No problem really. I have plenty of dry marimba like sounds to choose from. I was just surprised that this one would have reverb recorded on the patch as it seems like such a nice sound limited by a FX.

Good idea on the release time!

It's not reverb...the sound was created with physical modeling and the "graininess" was part the nature of that particular model.

A filter envelope can also make that sound much dryer if you like.

spectrum

Thank you! Good tips. I'll mess with it when I get the chance.

Great work ( by the way ) to you and the whole team. It's an amazing tool.

Go Back to forum