• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Classical Guitar at NAMM

Share/Bookmark

Classical Guitar at NAMM

Franz, I heard your amazing classical guitar instrument demo\'d in the TASCAM booth at NAMM, sequence performed live by Richard Friedman. It is absolutely mind blowing.

Would you please post an mp3 of this for those who did not hear it?

How did you do this instrument?
    Where, how much, and WHEN can folks get their hands on it??
    Peace.

Re: Classical Guitar at NAMM

Very interested.

Great sounding guitar, and the best demo I\'ve ever heard for a nylon string.

How was the demo done? From a keyboard with lots of editing, or from a guitar controller?

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 02-01-2002).]

Keyboard (ex5) one take, no punch ins no editing no quantising no normalizing. I overdubbed a few slide noises after Rich was done. Total production time: 8 minutes.

Rich Friedmann is a monster player, truly humbling.
    f

I think that demo sounds fanatastic. Really superb.

But it still doesn\'t sound like a clasical guitarist to me. It sounds maybe like someone who forgot to file his nails properly.

That\'s not a criticism believe me.

I love that sound, it sounds very real and very beautiful, but not like a classical guitar - maybe the best \'nylon\' out there.

(Ever heard of micro-abrasives? The guitarist\'s nails should be very smooth - even fingertips sound kind of \'scratchy\'.)

I hope this isn\'t seen as a negative comment. I\'m still waiting for the \'killer\' classical guitar.

But I\'m sure you will do well with this - it deserves to do well. Great work.

WOW! Franz - nice work. I\'ve never heard anything like this - hats off to you and to Rich.

I can also imagine how a construction kit (of this calibre) for this would be a nice plus.
    Cheers, -jim

Thanks franz, nice to hear this without the screaming NAMM hall in the background - still mind blowing.
    When will it be released?
    Peace.

It\'s available now.

please email info@vrsound.com if you are interested.
    or go to http://www.vrsound.com/index2.html

[This message has been edited by franz (edited 02-03-2002).]

Franz wrote:

Keyboard (ex5) one take, no punch ins no editing no quantising no normalizing. I overdubbed a few slide noises after Rich was done. Total production time: 8 minutes.

Rich Friedmann is a monster player, truly humbling.

I write:

AMAZING!!! Purely excellent stuff there Franz! Please post a link for where to order.

[This message has been edited by Robert Kral (edited 02-02-2002).]

Go Back to forum