• Register
  • Help

Topic: Zeus and Europa

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Zeus and Europa

ZEUS AND EUROPA - sound format 5.1 (448 Kbps)

A simply dressed man came to the southern island of Crete one day.
    He gazed over the blue Libyian sea standing under Helios' burning sun.
    He marched towards the Messara planes where the city of Gortys lied,
    named after the son of Radamanthys, king of Phestos and brother of King Minos.
    He stopped at the city gate for a moment to rest under a evergreen tree.
    It was the same evergreen tree where Zeus and Europa once had mated a long time ago.
    The Cretan wind blew in his face and suddenly his long hair was in disorder. His name was Pythagoras.

What had brought him here? Nobody knew.
    Was he hiding from the ferocious Spartans? Spartans who hated his dear Orpheus and his holy science. Spartans, who had erected ignorance into a system and exacted brutality as the complement of courage!
    He traveled back in time and thought about the implacable wars of Messenia. More pictures of terror and violence filled his mind now. He saw gigantic armies of Spartans persecuting a neighbouring town. They were exterminators. He saw the insanity of violence, he was disgusted of all the bloodshed, slaughtering of humans, bulls and horses. Enough now! He thought.
    Did people know he had become a vegetarian?
    Oh yes! His students knew, they also knew that he had forbidden them to offer sacrificial victims to the Gods, if the altars were stained with blood.
    He started to walk towards the city gate. He walked until he reached the wall of the Agora down by the amphitheater. He stepped inside the Agora. It was peaceful to walk around here, all alone. He started to read what had been written there a long time ago. The code of law of Gortys.
    After a short while he took a break. He opened his back back and took out a piece of honey-comb and bread. While he chewed he added some vegetables to it and drank some water. Wine, no! Never during the day. This he had been told in Babylon by the priests of Magoi during initiation of Vedic meditation.
    There were even more rules and secrets to be followed. He had become known for being very secretive. He never revealed the sources of his teachings, a custom that he had learned from the Magoi priests in Babylon during his 12 years in exile there. The most important was maybe what he had learned about the secrets of numerology that went back to the origin of man, all the way to the older civilizations, the very ancient civilizations like those called the Vedic. Yes, they had a deep understanding!
    He reflected. It was a perfect science of universal laws that far surpassed the contemporary awareness of his time.

Fred, writer

Re: Zeus and Europa

That was really nice Fred, well done.
    It was very contemplative.
    I like seeing/putting music to images. I think it adds a great new dimension to whatever one writes.

My only real critique would be that the waves are so loud in the beginning, you miss most of the intro.

Mark...

Post Re: Zeus and Europa - 5.1 score

Quote Originally Posted by Mark5 View Post
    That was really nice Fred, well done.
    It was very contemplative.
    I like seeing/putting music to images. I think it adds a great new dimension to whatever one writes.

My only real critique would be that the waves are so loud in the beginning, you miss most of the intro.

Mark...
    Hi Mark,

"It's a sacrifice I have made on purpose!
    The Mediterranian waves of the ocean and the music are fighting for attention, havng been subdued and eshausted,
    they let the text have the main roll instead!"

Thank you very much for your generous comment.
    I had fun creating this yesterday. It's also the first time I use the 5.1 sound format for my GPO produced score.

I'm glad you took the time to read my story! Next chapter will be:

"COLOSSUS SOLIS" - one of the ancient seven wonders of the world - 292 BC
    (also called the Colossus of Rhodes)

A giant statue of the Greek god Helios roughly 3/4ths as large as today's Statue of Liberty in New York.

Very enjoyable and interesting.

I think it's some of my favorite music of yours.

I was always attracted to ancient history. Something very romantic about it all.

Your a very prolific composer I must say.

Phil

Cool Re: Zeus and Europa

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Very enjoyable and interesting.

I think it's some of my favorite music of yours.

I was always attracted to ancient history. Something very romantic about it all.

Your a very prolific composer I must say.

Phil
    Hi again, Phil!

Your comment really gives me inspiration for my next historical journey into the past,
    exploring one of the seven ancient wonders of the world, the Colossus of Rhodes, a statue that later inspired a French sculptor, Auguste Bartholdi to create the famous Statue of Liberty for New York!

Fred

Very beautifully done, my friend. As I've no doubt
    said before... Fredrik, I think you're at your finest
    when you pull back on the reins. Your best thinking
    shines through in restraint and control of the
    materials, as in this wonderfully classical excursion.

Much enjoyed!

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Fred,

Very nice work, good composition and production. Not to mention the YouTube bonus. Very classy. Thanks for sharing it here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Very beautifully done, my friend. As I've no doubt
    said before... Fredrik, I think you're at your finest
    when you pull back on the reins. Your best thinking
    shines through in restraint and control of the
    materials, as in this wonderfully classical excursion.

Much enjoyed!

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi again, David!

The poetry in your words gives me wings, while I ascend to the top of "Colossus Solis!"

From there I will get a good view and start to compose music for it!

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric View Post
    Fred,

Very nice work, good composition and production. Not to mention the YouTube bonus. Very classy. Thanks for sharing it here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com
    Hello Gary and all of you in New York!

I'm standing at the top of Colossus Solis right now!

You're welcome to visit my next thread! Fred

Go Back to forum