• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Problems with Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Problems with Omnisphere

The installation and registration works fine but when I start using the program the the sounds sound chopped and I have the same problem with stylus rmx. I use cubase mx 3

Re: Problems with Omnisphere

What the heck is Cubase "mx3"? Never heard of it and I've been using Cubase since day one. Also what computer and sound card are you using and what are your ASIO buffer settings? Sounds as if your system can't handle the software at present.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

sorry I meant cubase sx3 yes, the thing is that I find it strange that only omnisphere and stylus, of all the plugins i've used, sounds like that. I mean i've had many demanding plugins active at the same time but it is only omnisphere and stylus that sounds like the audio is chopped.

What are your ASIO buffer settings? Try a different buffer size, bigger or smaller.

Ah SX3...now that's clearer!
    In any case, I can only repeat what I suggested above. Some software requires a lot of resources.....more than you could get away with before....and Spectrasonics is not the only company headed in that direction these days, so it's not going to get easier. You are also using a version of Cubase that is now quite old and is not being 'supported' by some companies, so that's another thing to consider. In any case, first things first; as I mentioned above, we need information about your computer, digital audio interface and buffer settings in your ASIO control panel before anyone can hazard a guess about why you are having a very typical problem that occurs with some underpowered systems or when buffer settings are set too low.............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

alright, thank you for your help! =)
    I have no idea what my ASIO buffer settings are or how I can find that out so :P It seems though, that everybody suggestion has something to do with my asio buffer settings so I will at least look into that, so that you all for your help so far :P I guess I also have to invest in a newer version of cubase, perhaps the fourth edition? well thank you all at least :P

btw, I think my buffer settings is 5512 but Im not sure that is the right settings or how to "tweak" it?

That's a really high buffer setting so you should make that smaller. The ASIO settings are on the Devices menu.

I think he meant 512, not 5512. That's something like a whole second of latency.

are we talking buffer size? in that case it is actually 5512, but my output latency is 749.932ms and my input latency is 110.000. I have no clue at all about these things :P

Go Back to forum