• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anybody using Gigify?

Share/Bookmark

Anybody using Gigify?

Audioheadz has a program on their site called Gigify. There was no info of any kind, just the exe file. It quickly converts all the waves in a folder to simple gig files.

Sounds cool but when you try to import the gig file, GS wants a serial number. There will be one just above the box, but that doesn\'t work.

Does anybody know about this? Or am I missing something simple?

BTW the site is
    www dot Audioheadz dot co dot uk

thanks Boyd Bob

Re: Anybody using Gigify?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boydbob:
    Audioheadz has a program on their site called Gigify. There was no info of any kind, just the exe file. It quickly converts all the waves in a folder to simple gig files.

Sounds cool but when you try to import the gig file, GS wants a serial number. There will be one just above the box, but that doesn\'t work.

Does anybody know about this? Or am I missing something simple?

BTW the site is
    www dot Audioheadz dot co dot uk

thanks Boyd Bob
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I tried the program. I did not experience the problem you mentioned about asking for a number etc. HOWEVER; when they say a \"basic\" Gig file....they ain\'t kidding....Much easier to create a useful Gig from scratch. If you want a program that does a semi-decent job of autocreation I highly recommend AWAVE Studio. Some things don\'t translate to Gigasampler parameters depending on the source file format, but the software is cheap and powerful. Use it to convert all those SF2\'s floating around for free on the \'Net.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>If you want a program that does a semi-decent job of autocreation I highly recommend AWAVE Studio. Some things don\'t translate to Gigasampler parameters depending on the source file format, but the software is cheap and powerful. Use it to convert all those SF2\'s floating around for free on the \'Net.
    [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Awave Studio could only import gig files. On their webpage the gig file format is listed as an import, but not as an export format. Has this changed? I used to love using the old awave when I used to use soundfonts, but I haven\'t updated to Awave studio yet because of it\'s lack of Gigasampler export support.

Well--- I downloaded the A Wave 7.0 demo. I tried saving a Soundfont as a gig... but when I tried to load it in Giga, Giga wanted a serial number, so I don\'t know if it actually worked or not.

I\'m not sure what that means since everything else seems to work fine. (load regular gig files, playback is fine)

I emailed Nemesys, so we\'ll see.

Go Back to forum