• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and Windows Vista 64

Unhappy GPO and Windows Vista 64

Hello Everybody!

I bought GPO last august. My problem is that as an standalone application it works fine, but i cannot find it as a VST/Dxi plug in in Sonar 7 64 bit. I have checked the vst folder and i was not able to find the kontak player dll file.

There is anyway to make GPO to work under a 64bit environment? I dont want to think that I wasted 200$. I wrote Garritan support 4 moths ago and I still haven't received an answer .

I would appreciate any kind of help!

Re: GPO and Windows Vista 64

Hi Nacho,

Welcome to the forum. GPO KP2 does run on 64-bit platforms.

I'm unsure why you can't locate the DXi instrument, however for the VST:

It may not install to Sonar's vstplugins directory by default. Check C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2 for a vstplugins folder containing the files KontaktPlayer2.dll, KontaktPlayer2_8out.dll, and KontaktPlayer2_16out.dll. Alternatively you can run a system search and locate those files. Then, in Sonar's plugin manager (Tools>Plugin Manager), add the folder where those dll's are contained and rescan your plugins. They should now be available.

Reegs and jjloving: THANK YOU!

You were right. The dll files were in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\vstplugins directory instead of C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins. I copied the files from one folder to the another and now it is working perfectly.

The Dxi version is not shown yet in Sonar, but I dont care, because now I can use the VST version!

Again, thank you very much. You dont know how frustrated I was with this issue. Last summer I bought a new computer with Vista 64 and nothing worked the way it was supposed to. I hope that finally I can focus on making music and not in solving computer issues!

Now I just need to learn how to use GPO! but thats another story!

You might find the DXi in C:\Program Files (x86)\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\DXi. If it is there, just copy it to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi.

Nickie, you were right, the dxi was in C:\Program Files (x86)\Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\DXi. It seems that the Kontakt Player installer is not very good at placing files in the correct folder!

Thank you for your help!

Go Back to forum