• Register
  • Help

Topic: EthnoWorld 4 vs RA?

Share/Bookmark

EthnoWorld 4 vs RA?

I am looking for some world instruments - any opinions on EthnoWorld4 vs RA?

Re: EthnoWorld 4 vs RA?

I have RA and love it. I think it is the single most valuable VI that I have (but I'm really into Jazz/World type stuff). I also feel that it is a good buy - lotta great stuff in there.

I have only heard the demos of EW4 but they sound great. I know there are more melodic phrases and loops in that than in RA (though RA has many melodic phrases and key switching for melodic parts). For that reason I hope to be able to get EW4 someday as well.

I have read posts from guys who have both and say they love them both. Hopefully someone with both will be able to give you a more direct comparrison. But if you are looking for a great world instrument set I can almost guarantee that you would love RA.

(of course, that's not the actual "money back guarantee" )

Quote Originally Posted by Neole View Post
    I am looking for some world instruments - any opinions on EthnoWorld4 vs RA?
    Two nuggets of info for you:

1) RA is currently not for sale, which would make acquiring it rather difficult.
    2) You can demo Ethno World 4 on try-sound.com

I would have to say RA. This whole cd was done with RA
    http://cdbaby.com/cd/stevenodden
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82 View Post
    Two nuggets of info for you:

1) RA is currently not for sale, which would make acquiring it rather difficult.
    What a party pooper. Just because it isn't available for purchase doesn't mean he can't buy it. (huh? )

Seriously - they will be re-releasing that in Play format. Be sure and consider the now legendary "Play issue" in terms of your OS/DAW/machine. You might want to ask about the re-release at the SOL forum. Although, in all honesty, they have been known to delay releases well beyond their projected date in the past.

(maybe circumstances will decide for you )

I have EthnoWorld 1,2,3 for Giga ... and I can tell you that the recording quality is excellent, and the playability is excellent.

I think RA is the best volume of the EW series. It's wonderfully recorded. You can make a good mix of the instruments in many cases even without using added reverb.

The percussion instruments are great, the three duduks are excellent, and I think the oud is very good too.

I have the earlier (non-Play) version.

Marko

I own both, but you cannot go wrong with RA. Definitely one of the best EW libraries out there. RA was my go to library for ethnic instruments on my CD (www.seandockery.com). Ethno World 4 is also nice, but a little pricey for what you get, IMHO.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    I think RA is the best volume of the EW series. It's wonderfully recorded. You can make a good mix of the instruments in many cases even without using added reverb.

The percussion instruments are great, the three duduks are excellent, and I think the oud is very good too.

I have the earlier (non-Play) version.

Marko
    Marko,

Do you have Spiritual Winds by Bela D Media? I am curious as to how the duduk compares to the one in RA. I wish I had bought RA when it was still in the Kontakt format. I had Ethnoworld 2 at my old job and it had some great sounds in it. Volume 4 looks like it would be even better and still will work on my DAW. After reading the posts on this forum about the Play software I don't think i will be buying any EW stuff soon.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Darren,

No. I don't have that volume. RA is the only ethnic sample library I have.

Marko

Go Back to forum