• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dynamics using goffriller Cello.

Share/Bookmark

Dynamics using goffriller Cello.

Hi, i'm wondering if anybody has a technique for making the goffriller use dynamic properties, since the mod wheel gives vibrato instead of changing the volume. It would be much work programming the channel volume in cubase, so any other technique would be great.
    Thank you in advance.
    -Ari

Re: Dynamics using goffriller Cello.

Hi, This may be what you are looking for. This was posted in the Strings section:

Reply With Quote |
    The 6th posting showcasing the Phrase Modeled Performance Multi is a Stradivari / Gofriller rendering of Dvorak's String Quartet No. 14 in A flat major, Op. 105: Allegro non tanto available at The Classical Music Archives
    Only the notes and velocity from the Midi File and the default instrument settings from the Multi were used for this rendering. The PMPM Strad Gofriller SQ used for the demo is available here The full PMPM distribution is required available at Mike's K2 Scripts

The performance multi adds a number of features to the Garritan Libraries (Jazz & Big Band, Personal Orchestra, Stradivari Solo Violin, Gofriller Cello and Concert & Marching Band) for the Kontakt 2 Player.

The multi provides the ability to vary note start timings to help humanize quantized sequences. Rather then random variations, the multis humanization are based on a sequences phrasing moving forward and behind the beat depending on note values. Timing variations are selectable via midi messages and supports separate settings for each midi channel.

This Performance Multi scripts the Stradivari Solo Violin and Gofriller Cello's Volume, Articulation and Vibrato. The Multi script models phrasing in real time based on note characteristics such as speed, length, overlap and space. This Multi also includes the Stridavari Viola (detuned Stradivari Violin with EQ ala qccowboy).
    Remember to transpose the cello up one Octave and the Viola up a Fifth

Mike's K2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by arimail View Post
    Hi, i'm wondering if anybody has a technique for making the goffriller use dynamic properties, since the mod wheel gives vibrato instead of changing the volume. It would be much work programming the channel volume in cubase, so any other technique would be great.
    Thank you in advance.
    -Ari
    Ari,

did you by chance read the manual?

Hehe, no you didn't, that's for sure.

To the topic: It is very common to have other cc values for volume than cc01, so it could be cc07 (volume pedal) or cc011 (expression pedal) instead ... or any other value like cc02. Since I program that into my templates individually per instrument and forget about it then I leave the reading to you

If you want to record those values rather than programming them then you can use some of these options:

- fader controller
    - pedal
    - mouse plus a software (e.g. tablet2midi, mouse2midi)

I am using a graphical tablet plus tablet2midi.

BTW Mike's scripts are also an option but they reduce the possibilities (that's what they are made for).

HTH
    Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Hi, Ari

You still don't have a simple answer here - The Cello and The Strad both are programmed for cc11 (Expression) to control volume.

I don't have an Expression pedal or input for one on my keyboard, but the wheel is programmable, so when I'm playing those strings, I have it set for cc11 and away I go.

Later, I set the wheel for cc1 to add vibrato during another pass through the track. Rate of vibrato is from after touch which I add in the Piano Roll view.

Randy B.

Thank you for the reply Mike, Hannes and Randy. I should have read the manual... But thanks Randy for the CC. I use a EDIROL PCR-M80 keyboard and a Behringer FCB1010 Midi footcontroller. So I have enough buttons and pedals to program. Now I need to worry about finding a strad and a goffriller . Seems like i'll buy both off David - Noexitrecords. Is it easy to transfer licenses?

Go Back to forum