Here's a song from my collection of "Stories Across Time".
SKY OF THE NILE
This song uses multiple ethnic instruments. As well as some normal western sounds; i.e. modern/synthetic.
Does anyone know where one might find a library/collection of high-end samples of this nature? I've looked around but didn't have much luck finding any. At least none that extensive.
Here is a list of the ethnic instruments used in this song:
- Talking Drum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talking_drum)
- Shakuhachi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakuhachi)
- Kalimba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimba)
- African Gourd Shaker w/Shells (http://worldofgood.ebay.com/viewItem...d=220277497854)
Wikipedia has nothing on this one.
Most of my other songs use instruments of this nature as well: Asian, East Indian, African, Latin, etc.. I would sure love to find/get a good library of these types of instruments if at all possible.
Here are some others i use:
- Bali Flute (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&cl...G=Search&meta=)
- Bullroarer (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&wi...%20%28music%29)
- Duduk (http://www.google.ca/search?q=duduk&...ient=firefox-a)
- Java Drum (http://www.google.ca/search?q=java+d...ient=firefox-a)
- Java Gong (http://www.google.ca/search?q=java+g...ient=firefox-a)
- Koto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koto_%2..._instrument%29)
- Rain Stick (http://www.google.ca/search?q=rain+s...ient=firefox-a)
- Shekere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shekere)
Thanks for listening and any help anyone can offer.
BTW: It might be good to mention i have a bit of "minimalistic tendencies" in my style of writing.