• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thunking notes/velocities

Thunking notes/velocities

I've had this library for about a week and a half and have been loving it to death. However, I spend a fair amount of time in the middle of the keyboard, and there are a couple of notes that drive me absolutely batty at the highest velocities: the A and Bb above middle C. The sounds of these notes do not decay at a gradual level like most of the other notes do around them, but rather have a strong sound and then the sound level immediately goes down. As such it's kinda hard to play with a semi-legato sound with these notes unless I'm playing below the maximum velocity layers (which is a big pain). Overall I've been very impressed with this sound set, it's great.

Re: Thunking notes/velocities

As I've played around with it a bit more, I've realized that this is probably a characteristic of this piano when keys are struck really hard. I think the solution that I would prefer is that the top velocity samples for these two keys to be made higher than what they are currently, as sometimes they really pop out when I'm playing keys next to them at similar velocities.

Go Back to forum