• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "...one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration."

Share/Bookmark

"...one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration."

I agree on this. But possibly I could speed things up a little with a complete Omnisphere manual .

When? Thanks.

Re: "...one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration."

Hi,
    As far as I understand we will not receive a manual but more of a reference guide. This means that we will not get a .pdf kind of file which we could print out. It will be a reference guide like we have today in the software but just more complete.
    I've found some strange behaviors with the reference guide and I've emailed tech support about it although I did not receive any notification that they have received it.
    With some of the pages, a windows pop up menu gets triggered which asks if I want to print out the page. It happens on some pages only.

Try this and tell me what you get:

When in the reference guide type: mixer
    I get four results: 1. Glossary
    2. main/all.htm
    3. Part Level/Mute/Solo
    4. Glossary

When I press either the fourth or the second option I get a windows pop up message asking me if I want to print these pages. If I press the other options I don't get this message.

Regards...

Re: "...one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration."

When I type 'mixer' in the search field I get 14 listings. And I can't duplicate the issue you mention. For me, the reference guide has no bugs/issues at all. Been using it a lot too.

Hmmmm. Strange. Hopefully you'll hear back from them. Gotta be a fix for that.

14 listings???

Yes. With the first one in 'Edit Page' and the 14th in 'Global Edit Controls.'

Definitely something wrong with your file. Are you Mac or PC?

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    It will be a reference guide like we have today in the software but just more complete.
    Yes, I know this and it's ok for me. But now, a few months after the initial release a complete Reference Guide actually is a duty, isn't it?

This is the status of my installed Reference Guide (Mac installation):

Getting Started
    Introduction
    System Recommendations
    Installation on Mac OSX
    Installation on WINDOWS
    Authorization
    Demo Mode
    Authorization Troubleshooting
    Moving the STEAM Directory
    Video Tutorials
    Standalone Use
    Main
    Controls
    Info
    Soundsource Zoom
    Visualizer
    The Edit Page
    Oscillator
    Modulation
    Filters
    LFOS
    Common
    Support
    Contacts/User Groups
    General FAQ
    Updates
    Glossary
    Credits
    Credits
    Special Thanks
    Dedication
    Legal
    Licensing FAQs
    Software License Agreement
    Sounds License Agreement
    Trademarks

I mean Credits and Licensing FAQs are important, but these are not my top priorities, so to say.

Anyway, is this the official and current status of the Reference Guide?

Just so you know, at least on the mac you can convert the html manual to pdf.
    I think the current manual is a work in progress.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by JimB
    Yes. With the first one in 'Edit Page' and the 14th in 'Global Edit Controls.'

Definitely something wrong with your file. Are you Mac or PC?
    PC.
    My reference guide looks similar to what bossanova has posted here.

BOSSANOVA - can you please try out what we talked about here regarding the mixer in the reference guide?

Try this and tell me what you get:

When in the reference guide type: mixer
    How many results do you get?
    I get four results:
    1. Glossary
    2. main/all.htm
    3. Part Level/Mute/Solo
    4. Glossary

JimB is getting 14 results.

Thanks.

I get 14 too, using a PC, Nuendo 4.2.2 and firefox is my default browser.
    Will try it on my Mac.
    rsp

edit:
    But if I hit the 4th or 5th item I do get a print pop up.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Got 14 on the mac as well.
    Macbookpro, running 10.5.5 Cubase 4.5.1 and firefox is my default browser.

rsp

You searched for mixer.
    1. Edit Page
    ".. the two Filters pass thru the Filter Mixer, and the Mix control .."
    ".. whole Patch” EDIT PAGE - Layer Mixer The MIX and PITCH section .."
    ".. pitch of Layer A and Layer B. LAYER MIXER LEVELS The level sliders are .."
    edit_page/all.htm - 4 matches
    2. MIX & PITCH
    ".. Common Introduction Layer Tabs Layer Mixer Pitch Velocity Curves V-Curve .."
    ".. Agreement Trademarks EDIT PAGE - Layer Mixer The MIX and PITCH section .."
    ".. pitch of Layer A and Layer B. LAYER MIXER LEVELS The level sliders are .."
    edit_page/common/page01.html - 4 matches
    3. GLOSSARY
    ".. are four AUX Sends per Part on the Mixer Page. They route audio to .."
    ".. of a device and the inputs of the mixer or mastering recorder. More.. .."
    glossary/index.html - 2 matches
    4. main/all.htm
    ".. Solo and Part Level control on the Mixer page. NOTE: The Part Level, .."
    ".. other Parts that are active. LAYER MIXER These two independent faders .."
    main/all.htm - 2 matches
    5. Glossary
    ".. are four AUX Sends per Part on the Mixer Page. They route audio to .."
    ".. of a device and the inputs of the mixer or mastering recorder. More.. .."
    glossary/all.htm - 2 matches
    6. EDIT
    ".. Common Introduction Layer Tabs Layer Mixer Pitch Velocity Curves V-Curve .."
    edit_page/common/index.html - 1 match
    7. PART LEVEL/MUTE/SOLO
    ".. Solo and Part Level control on the Mixer page. Range -Inf dB to +9 .."
    main/controls/page05.html - 1 match
    8. FILTER ZOOM - Mix
    ".. the two Filters pass thru the Filter Mixer, and the Mix control .."
    edit_page/filters/page17.html - 1 match
    9. EDIT
    edit_page/common/page00.html - 1 match
    10. MIX & PITCH
    edit_page/common/page03.html - 1 match
    11. GLOBAL EDIT CONTROLS
    edit_page/common/page02.html - 1 match
    12. VELOCITY CURVE ZOOM
    Omnisphere Reference Guide file:///Volumes/Live%20Play/Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphe...
    1 of 2 13/12/08 11:22 PM
    edit_page/common/page06.html - 1 match
    13. GLOBAL EDIT CONTROLS
    edit_page/common/page04.html - 1 match
    14. GLOBAL EDIT CONTROLS
    edit_page/common/page05.html - 1 match
    14 pages shown. Search Again
    Reference Guide 1.0a - Software Version 1.0h - Soundsources 1.0 - Patches Version 1.0
    Omnisphere Reference Guide file:///Volumes/Live%20Play/Spectrasonics/STEAM/Omnisphe...
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------

Go Back to forum