• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Alchemy video's online :]

New Alchemy video's online :]

Intel Q6600|3.0ghz|Asus P5b Deluxe|8Gbs Corsair Performance Ram|BFG 8800 GT 512mb|XP64 SP2|Wd Raptors||Api A2D|Lavry DA10|E-mu 1820m|Csr|Roland A-50|Studiologic SL 990 Pro|Novation SL Remote Zero|Dynaudio Bm5a|Event 8|Cubase 4.5.2|K3|Many lovely libraries

Re: New Alchemy video's online :]

When I go to the Alchemy site and click one of the video links, the link turns into regular text. Has anyone else had the same experience? Does Camel use an odd type of video player plug-in on their site? (I can click on videos on other sites and see them without a problem.)

I was using the latest version of Firefox and the latest version of the Firefox add-in No-Script, which blocks java, flash, and other scripts, but lets the user "allow" a given site. Even when I allowed the Camel site, along with YouTube and other sites with videos, it was preventing the videos from loading. I disabled No-Script entirely (In Firefox: Tools\Add-ons\...) and now all of the sites let me play videos.

Definately next buy

I'm surprised that there's not more discussion of Alchemy here. Everyone is waiting to see how it sounds, and what the hit is on poyphony and the cpu?

If it can morph between low and high velocity samples, and give the developer\player control over the partial structure (including the envelope for each partial at each velocity), without locking up after you play a few notes, things are going to get really interesting.

"If it can morph between low and high velocity samples.."

As I understand, there will be no such feature...

Philadelphia PA USA

Hi..The cpu hit..Ouch,,if it is anything like Cameieon..I'm not sure they have made a computer fast enough yet ..LOL...I'm going for the upgrade from C50000....I LOVE Cam...But have all ways thought the cpu usage was a shoddy draw in regards to the programming..Time will tell...Hurry up guys..I'm actually more excited about this than I was Omni... JON

I asked about the possibility of doing this and was told yes, although one must create the partial structure for each velocity range or "layers" using a spreadsheet. Here's the discussion from the KVR thread.

(My questions are in the first posting, and Ben from Camel answers in the next post.)

Go Back to forum