• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ORCHESTRAL BRASS CLASSIC from Project SAM

Share/Bookmark

ORCHESTRAL BRASS CLASSIC from Project SAM

http://www.projectsam.com/Products/Orchestral-Brass/

Is this still one of the top libraries for symphonic brass, or should I look at something different?

I'm looking to improve my symphonic library in 2009, and I'll proably start with Symphobia. I have GPO ATM and I enjoy it to a point, but I'm not really sold on the brass and woodwinds...

Re: ORCHESTRAL BRASS CLASSIC from Project SAM

Quote Originally Posted by Lhama View Post

Is this still one of the top libraries for symphonic brass, or should I look at something different?

I'm looking to improve my symphonic library in 2009, and I'll proably start with Symphobia. I have GPO ATM and I enjoy it to a point, but I'm not really sold on the brass and woodwinds...
    From what I read, I thought GPO Advanced was using Project SAM brass...that would be a good thing too since I found that orchestral section wanting from the original lib. I'm picky though since I'm a brass player myself.

Symphobia might not be the best lib to get from GPO. I would start with the Project SAM brass first because Symphobia is really specialized. It's great as a compliment to my VSL and EWQLSO but I do not think I would buy that without already having the other libs.

So if I go on a spending spree...and get sam brass, true strike and symphobia, then what would you suggest for woodwinds and solo strings?

VSL has the best woodwinds IMHO. As for Solo Strings, that's a toughy. I think there have been a few recent threads about solo strings. You should look back and check them out!

The SAM Brass for Giga are still around.

So if I go on a spending spree...and get sam brass, true strike and symphobia, then what would you suggest for woodwinds and solo strings?
    Sam Brass are truely outstanding. You won't regret it. Even the old Sam horns library is still one of the best of its kind.

Do you have NI Kontakt? If yes, but Kontakt 1 or 2, just upgrade to Kontakt 3 and enjoy the Nice lighter version of VSL woodwinds, along with other lighter version of the VSL orchestral library sections (but no solo strings).

For Solo strings, at 99$us you can't go wrong with Kirk Hunter. He does offer woodwinds too, but I haven't try them.

Sam Brass do sound outstanding...

As for their re-release: I'm wondering if they did away with their interval samples from the original Sam Brass. I was hoping they would reprogram some of that, but I see no mention of it. Also, no articulation list to be found. The samples are excellent, however. I would not hesitate recommending them.

I'd suggest you to look at wallanderinstruments.com for brass. For woodwinds, VSL's woodwinds are sweet, but the Kontakt version is far less sweet than the original.

Yes, I have K3... The woodwinds in K3 were ok, but didn't really blow me away. How are the westgate woodwinds compared to VSL or Wivi?

I'm a huge fan of VSL for woodwinds, but do check out Westgate Instruments as well. They sound spectacular.

Kerry

Go Back to forum