• Register
  • Help

Topic: V O T A !!

V O T A !!

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I just want to say that I have total faith in any improvements you make to VoTA.

It is true that I do look for a more soft sung choir but what you do on the VOTA demos is amazing...

truth be told, I can\'t get anywhere near that with this library. I have tried. This is not to imply that you have, \"tricked\" anyone but simply to say...I want the results you are getting and I am not.

So, any improvments to make it more user friendly would be great. (WORDS)

Also, the low end noise is not acceptable for the price tag.

Thats all.
    Thank You

\"Francis B. - You have a point! VoTA was rushed out and has pathetic programming compared to GOS. I am fixing that somewhat. I have also rerecorded the consonants. They are much better. That being said, VotA is not the best library for mellow stuff, even after the update. It also suffers from the, some notes sound better than others, syndrome. Its not noticeable in a track, but soloed? A little at times. You seem to want beautiful mellow choir. The new Mirislav choir is probably better for that. That being said, I still love VotA.\"

Francis Belardino

Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

Re: V O T A !!

The upgrade is free. The noise on a few low end samples is gone. Instead of filtering the samples to death like other choir libraries, I left them au naturale in the initial release. But, now there is a subtle filter which makes the whole library sound better. The samples are mostly very quiet. I was pretty proud of that achievement, because it is very hard to do when sampling ambient sources in a hall. Thanks for your patience.

I have to agree with the quiet samples comment. I was referring to that strange low end noise at low d and c.

I record at least 6 Choirs per year and you
    should be very proud of the quiet!!

Even when we do closed session recordings there is still noise. The stage, the air ducts, someone\'s shoe, a bus outside....

Great job!

[This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 01-30-2002).]

Where is the update available?

The more I read about this library, and the more I listen to demos of it, the more convinced I become.

Nick, not only have you created a great library, you have the demos it takes to sell it as well. If it hadn\'t been for the demos, I would\'ve ignored it completely.

I still think $499 is a pretty high price tag for a limited library such as this. $350 would be more in my ball park.

Anyway. I just wanted to congratulate you on great work. I\'m eagerly awaiting the sequel.

Will you be offering a bundle deal? Vota 1 & 2 at a reduced price?

If yes, consider me sold.

The update will be available soon. More later.

The update will be available soon. More later.

Go Back to forum