• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reinstalling JABB, missing disc?

Share/Bookmark

Reinstalling JABB, missing disc?

Hey everyone,

I hope things have been going well here in Garritania -- I haven't been around in quite a while (approx. 9 months) because my wife just had her first baby!

I imagine my forum-dwelling days are over for a while (any new fathers here?), but I'll try to check in on occasion. (Who knows, maybe I'll master one-handed-typing while bottle-feeding, or one-handed diaper-changing, although this could be a serious problem if I get my hands mixed up...)

ANYWAY, back on topic:

I recently bought a new computer (my last big selfish purchase for a long time, I'm sure) and I've reinstalled all of my sample libraries, but I can't find my JABB disc (I've moved several times since I bought it).

I have:

-The library files/samples, copied over from my old PC
    -The DVD case, with my serial number
    -Kontakt 3, as well as the KontaktPlayer2 from my other libraries, already registered through the NI Service Center (and also the original Kontakt Player)

Is it possible for me to reinstall it with this or do I need to tear apart my house searching for the disc (which I have already tried)?

Thanks,
    chris.

Re: Reinstalling JABB, missing disc?

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot View Post
    Hey everyone,

I hope things have been going well here in Garritania -- I haven't been around in quite a while (approx. 9 months) because my wife just had her first baby!

I imagine my forum-dwelling days are over for a while (any new fathers here?), but I'll try to check in on occasion. (Who knows, maybe I'll master one-handed-typing while bottle-feeding, or one-handed diaper-changing, although this could be a serious problem if I get my hands mixed up...)

ANYWAY, back on topic:

I recently bought a new computer (my last big selfish purchase for a long time, I'm sure) and I've reinstalled all of my sample libraries, but I can't find my JABB disc (I've moved several times since I bought it).

I have:

-The library files/samples, copied over from my old PC
    -The DVD case, with my serial number
    -Kontakt 3, as well as the KontaktPlayer2 from my other libraries, already registered through the NI Service Center (and also the original Kontakt Player)

Is it possible for me to reinstall it with this or do I need to tear apart my house searching for the disc (which I have already tried)?

Thanks,
    chris.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all you really need the DVDs for are the samples and KP2 player files. You can copy the samples and your KP2 player files from your old computer to your new one, then run the Service Center to authorize it on your new computer. I think you'd run KP2 after that to see if everything works, then run Kontakt 3 to get everything set for that sampler. Good luck!

P.S. It might be good to run KP2 right after you move the files to your new computer, before AND after you authorize everything with the Service Center, just to make sure KP2 works and reads everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all you really need the DVDs for are the samples and KP2 player files. You can copy the samples and your KP2 player files from your old computer to your new one, then run the Service Center to authorize it on your new computer.
    I had hoped this would do the trick, but no luck...

1.) NI Service Center doesn't "find" JABB (I'm guessing it searches the registry or something, so simply having the samples/library files isn't enough)
    2.) When I try to open the instruments in K3 it tells me they are not registered and that I must run the original program at least once (I assume this means the original Kontakt Player that came on disc, because I bought JABB before K2 Player was released).

Any ideas?

I think this is more of a Kontakt issue more than a Garritan issue. I believe you need to go to NI and deregister your old box, and register the new.

To this I cheer, "Go ARIA!"

BTW - Mazel-tov on the arrival of littleZoot.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Go Back to forum