• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yellow Tools Majestic Anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Yellow Tools Majestic Anyone?

I am constantly getting devastating crashes in Logic, and I'm getting more and more sure that the Trilogy wrapper is the culprit. With no timeline for Trilogy's intel friendly version, I am needing to get a new bass VI. Yellow Tools Majestic looks to be the way to go, I listened to some samples and was impressed. I find myself using the Reggae Mute and Hip Hop picked patches in Trilogy if that gives an idea of what I'm going for. I like basses that are deep and full and not a lot of twangy mid end. What's up with Scarbee's stuff?

Re: Yellow Tools Majestic Anyone?

The Scarbee stuff is very cool but played with fingers.
    Majestic is rather old as far as things like scripting or round robin go.
    It has none of that.
    All the modern libs like Scarbee, Orangetree or Chris Hein are making good use of the scripting stuff. But be aware that for Scarbee and Orangetree you will need Kontakt. The Chris Hein stuff comes with its own Kontakt2 Player.

Thank you Hans.

I do have the latest version of Kontakt, I wasn't aware of these libraries. Do you have any specific recommendations or comments regarding the different options?

I'm more concerned with the tone of the bass itself and its ability to fit nicely in a mix than a lot of the articulations and subtleties that add to realism. The scripting stuff is really cool, but I'm also not much of a player, so it can be hard for me to utilize that stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Thank you Hans.

I'm more concerned with the tone of the bass itself and its ability to fit nicely in a mix than a lot of the articulations and subtleties that add to realism. The scripting stuff is really cool, but I'm also not much of a player, so it can be hard for me to utilize that stuff well.
    Then check out these for the EXS24.

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/insite/frames/CD-F.html

I am running them through 1k Multimedia's Ampeg SVX andthe sound is gorgeous.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/ampegsvx/
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

The best scripting works almost invisible.
    You just play and the script figures out which string should be used, if there is a legato or hammeron situation etc.
    Things like round robin totally add to the realism especially with simple repetative basslines.
    I use all of the three that i mentioned depending on the situation.
    Chris Hein will give you the most sound variations because he sampled different pickups and extra finger noise etc and has lots of keyswitches.
    Scarbee and Orangetree sound great and are very simple to play with almost no keyswitches.
    Each has its strength and purposes.

Go Back to forum