• Register
  • Help

Topic: Play MOR and Platinum Orchestra and Portrait Mode

Share/Bookmark

Play MOR and Platinum Orchestra and Portrait Mode

I was quite shocked to be told by Tech Support at East West, that the program does not work in Portrait mode. I use a Dell 2408
    and enjoy writing large scores in portrait mode as I can see the entire score.
    This is really a flaw as they should have taken this into consideration, like all other programs. I hope it's fixed in the future.

Re: Play MOR and Platinum Orchestra and Portrait Mode

I'm going to sound not-so-smart for this but what is "portrait mode"?

They have PLAY for the iPhone now?

Portrait mode is when you tilt your monitor 90 degrees to have a paper-like format. You can see this on my homepage. I use that all the times, very practical for projects with many tracks or working on orchestra scores.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Thanks Hannes.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    I was quite shocked to be told by Tech Support at East West, that the program does not work in Portrait mode. I use a Dell 2408
    This is really a flaw as they should have taken this into consideration, like all other programs. I hope it's fixed in the future.

What the ??? This must be one of the most idiotic support answers I have ever heard. What does an audio software care about portrait mode? Portrait mode is solely the business of the graphics driver and graphics engine of the operating system. But not of the application. At least it should be.
    Question: Does it make a difference if you have your monitor tilted or not? In my setup there is no difference. Play performs on both settings. Of course it does.

Portrait mode should be selected by your video card settings.....at least mine is. I haven't seen too many monitors that give you a support stand as to use them in portrait mode, though.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    For me this is a non-criticism and you're complaining in an international forum without even stating your system specs and the program you're working with.

On Logic, you can internally set up whether you want portrait (vertical) or landscape (wide) mode within the notation editor.

I've worked with Cubase and it has similar features as does Sibelius that are totally independent of the virtual instrument plug-in being used.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Go Back to forum