• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS and Gigastudio 3

Share/Bookmark

GOS and Gigastudio 3

Hi,
    as I'm a novice to the sampling world, I have a question which might sound "very novice like", please forgive that...

I recently purchased a Garritan Orchestral Strings library (from 2002) - as I read only good news about it - and now found out, that it does not include an option to use it as VST in Cubase LE. Anyway, the lady at Garritan support told me, I need Gigastudio 1.6 or 2 to use it.

Does anyone on the forum know, if that library will also work with Gigastudio 3, as there I'd have the option to use it with Cubase in the re-wire mode? As I don't know anything else about Gigastudio 3 either, I'm curious if there's some kind of "compat" mode with older GS versions,which would allow for that?
    Will the Maestro Tools included in the library also work in /with GS3?

Any info is appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Alex42

Re: GOS and Gigastudio 3

Wow, it's been awhile since I used Giga 3! GOS did work in it and the Maestro Tools should also work. I quit using Giga 3 as I had licensing issues with it. After fixing it a few times, I just gave up when it happened again and Tascam told me I had used the license too many times. I switched to Kontakt at that time and imported the library into Kontakt.

GOS 2 will be coming out soon using the ARIA player. Maybe there will be a decent upgrade path for it.

Jim

Re: GOS and Gigastudio 3

Quote Originally Posted by alex42 View Post
    Hi,
    as I'm a novice to the sampling world, I have a question which might sound "very novice like", please forgive that...

I recently purchased a Garritan Orchestral Strings library (from 2002) - as I read only good news about it - and now found out, that it does not include an option to use it as VST in Cubase LE. Anyway, the lady at Garritan support told me, I need Gigastudio 1.6 or 2 to use it.

Does anyone on the forum know, if that library will also work with Gigastudio 3, as there I'd have the option to use it with Cubase in the re-wire mode? As I don't know anything else about Gigastudio 3 either, I'm curious if there's some kind of "compat" mode with older GS versions,which would allow for that?
    Will the Maestro Tools included in the library also work in /with GS3?

Any info is appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Alex42
    You could also use it in Kontakt 2 if you have that. I would share the nki files if needed. They're not perfect, but pretty good.

Go Back to forum