• Register
  • Help

Topic: ALTO SOLO -All 3 movements & Reprise

Share/Bookmark

ALTO SOLO -All 3 movements & Reprise

This work is almost finished.
    I would like opinions on the length of the reprise and over-all relationship of movements.
    Thanks,

Gary

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=7002112&q=hi
    Last edited by garymosse; 12-18-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: title adjustment

Re: ALTO SOLO -All 3 movements & Reprise

This is an intriguing composition. I know lots of Saxers who would gaga over this.

The rendering betrays your piece though. That's ambience you are using for the reverb right? The settings you used, make this sound like it was recorded in a high school cafeteria on an old casette recorder. -- at least on my system.

So, in a way, you totally nailed a type of "live version" in this. The 'verb is a bit distracting though. imo.

The piece, however has some serious legs. Nice work!
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

Thanks for listening, Scott.
    I confess a rather limited understanding of audio settings. I use Finale '09 on a Imac with 3 gigs.
    Each time I have selected instruments, I have experimented with the Jazz sound & the CMB which I prefer for this solo. I probably never have exactly the same reverb-I just use level 5 to 6+ & the piano somewhere
    around 10. Mac just got the ambiance added after about 2 years, so I check it but don't manipulate it. I can't detect-on my computer-much difference in the sounds of different size rooms. Is the small room best for this duet?

Hi, I like what you have written for the sax. I have to agree that something is amiss in the mix that detracts from enjoying this. I just listened to The Toccata on Carol of the Bells that was done in Finale also. Maybe Dargason could give you some pointers on using the reverb to better effect. Thanks for sharing this! Regards, John

Thanks for listening, bigears.
    I have just posted my 3rd correction.
    Hope it works.
    Gary

Go Back to forum