• Register
  • Help

Topic: New GOS update Demo (looped detache and tighter short bows)

New GOS update Demo (looped detache and tighter short bows)

I\'ve decided to post a little demo of the beta version of the new updates for GOS that I did.

In it are 1st violin GR Detache with extended samples (they still need to be looped but will be done as its now an easy task...some of the extensions are 10 seconds ) And then cello variations. In order they are Original Marcatto Cellos, new Tighter aggressive bows, both old and new marcatto together, then the same order playing upp and down articulations. When I did both it was just a \"copy and paste\" job, I think there is room for some cool realism when layering if one actually plays both lines.

Remember these are in beta form so some tweaks are still needed. The new short bows are more like US short bows to where they work well for Zimmer-Esque pieces.

I only extended the GR detaches for the violins and Violas, the cellos seem to be fine on their own in the sustains and the Basses the same.

I only adjsuted short bows for the violas, cellos and Basses. Do you think that the violins really need it, they seem to have enough variation in terms of tight attacks but if you really think they do let me know, I\'ll see what I can do in a few weeks.

Really...I am an Idiot

Re: New GOS update Demo (looped detache and tighter short bows)

Love it. I hear CAST AWAY in the Violins but still there is a coldness. A too close presence. Verb and eq should do it, right?
    The distance? Did you use warmth control?

I didn\'t use anything but a tiny bit of EQ on the detaches tight pulls around 3600 and 4100. And some reverb on the whole thing. I\'ll tweak with some ideas on distance soon. i\'ll also listen to alot of Silvestri to compare That will nice and fun.

Actually what might be the problem is that I normalized the file to about -5 DB. thats too loud for strings IMO..... especially for soft strings

In fact thats what I did with my old thomas Newman mockup and Found to be a major culprit....volume Not because it hides things, but because its unatural to be so loud

Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 01-28-2002).]

You are doing great work. I think you should be on someones pay roll.

I M O !

Looking forward to update CD\'s.

Go Back to forum