• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pro tools and GPO

Question Pro tools and GPO

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some confirmation before buying GPO. I certainly don't want to miss out on the deal of the century.

I am running:
    Pro Tools : 7.1.1
    Intel iMac Dual core 2 Ghz, with 2 Gig of Memory
    OS 10.4.8

Is anyone running a similar configuration? I know the specs mention it should run, but "run" is the operative word. I just want to have some level of joy and confidence before placing the order.

Will I have voice limitations etc?

I should also add I am connected via Midi with an 88 key MP-60 digital piano. If I understand things correctly, because my keyboard lacks a mod wheel I'll need to use the Kontack(sp?) interface to get volume.

Also, are all the parameter accessible for automation via Pro tools?

I looked at the tutorials, however, they were for earlier versions.

It is a pleasure to meet you all, I look forward to more correspondence.

PS: I did write to Gary, however, I am being impatient because the sale mentions while supplies last, and that sent a massive shiver down my spine.

Best regards,

Re: Pro tools and GPO

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the board. Many people, myself included, run GPO with zero problems on systems with specs that are below yours. Running from a 7200rpm drive, I think you'll be able to have an entire orchestra loaded and playback with few problems (though you might need to set the DAE buffer to 1024 or greater).

All controller data (including modwheel) should be automatable from PT.

Regarding the lack of a modwheel, the easiest way to send in mod info is to draw it using a controller curve in PT's midi window. The other option is to get a small keyboard controller with a modwheel (like the M-Audio Oxygen 8 available for ~$80 used) and use it to record a second pass of modwheel data.

Hope this helps in your decision!

Re: Pro tools and GPO

Thanks for the response.

I just purchased GPO! WHOO WHOO!

Should be fun, thanks again for the support.

Best Regards,

Go Back to forum