• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Omni Arpeg

Share/Bookmark

Omni Arpeg

Another strange issue, not too sure if this is on my end or not. When I play the Omni arpeggiator, setup with all 32 steps at full volume and "As Played" I am getting what sounds like a studder. This is not happening on the same steps either, but different ones. Anyone else experience this, any ideas what might be causing this? Here are the settings below
    Mode = As Played
    trigger = Song Position
    Clock = 1/16
    Length all the way up or down it doesnt matter and no swing
    For Velocity Arp and Key have the same results

Re: Omni Arpeg

I get this aswell. The arp just doesn't flow right. I have no idea what causes this, and I don't have this problem with arps on other softsynths. Since Omnisphere's arp interface is so great and easy to use, I really hope they'll fix it. I also wish they would add a "send arp to MIDI" function. This way you could quantize and edit the arp sequence more accurate, and also doubble it with a differnet softsynth (or hard).

They will be able to fix it only if you reported it.
    info@spectrasonics.net

Sent them an email last night, so lets see what happens. kind of glad its not just me then
    Mac OSX 6 / Logic 9 / Cubase 5 / Ableton / Omnisphere / Stylus Rmx / Trillion / Komplete / Groove Agent / Kontrol 49 / UC 33e / Euphonix MC Mix n Control

Having same phenomena too. Strange, something is affecting the sound even though shouldn't?

Is this behavior consistent across all patches? There are so many little parameters that can have different effects depending on what else is going on, though it could be a bug as well. Does this happen when you set up an arp on the default patch with a sawtooth wave?

It does for me, that is one of the first tests I did actually. Its driving me nuts, the arp is one of the reasons I purchased Omni
    Mac OSX 6 / Logic 9 / Cubase 5 / Ableton / Omnisphere / Stylus Rmx / Trillion / Komplete / Groove Agent / Kontrol 49 / UC 33e / Euphonix MC Mix n Control

Still have not heard anything back from Spec yet, strange because they are usually right on top of things

Yes, can be heard best with just a sawtooth waveform.

We haven't heard any reports of such a problem until this week. Somebody (presumably you) sent us a Logic song to demonstrate an arpeggiator problem, but it works fine here, so it must be some kind of system configuration issue. If anybody else is having this problem, please contact tech support so we can get to the bottom of this. Thanks.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum