Wherever you are, Danny, all the best for the
    Holidays, my friend!

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: Where is Danny?

Yeah, we miss your great music and rendering thereof.......

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Danny sent me an email not too long ago.

He mentioned he was very busy having landed some big commissions. Also some other things he may want to mention himself. He regrets not having time to participate in the forum lately; but expects to be back soon after he finishes his projects.

Wishing Dan and Julie a very Merry Christmas,

Gary

BTW, Happy Hanukkah, Yudit!

Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Danny sent me an email not too long ago.

He mentioned he was very busy having landed some big commissions. Also some other things he may want to mention himself. He regrets not having time to participate in the forum lately; but expects to be back soon after he finishes his projects.

Wishing Dan and Julie a very Merry Christmas,

Gary
    Danny emailed me as well. We now share the same publisher with our wind ensemble / concert band stuff (C. Alan Publications). He was excited! But after that I haven't heard from him. I hope all is well.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Quote Originally Posted by schneb View Post
    BTW, Happy Hanukkah, Yudit!
    Thanks, schneb, and Happy Holidays to you too.

Hi everyone,

WOW! It's been way too long since I've visited!

I was very surprised and flattered to hear -- via emails from Gary G. and Ron F. (Rolifer -- what a great composer he's become!) -- that there had been a post concerning my whereabouts (thank you, Yudit!). I'm still here! As David S. (etLux) pointed out, my "day job" gets pretty involved this time of year, and this year in particular far more so.

Another issue, one that I've not yet mentioned to anyone... In the last few months, I've been dealing with the quickly deteriorating health of my father. He's a once-vibrant, healthy, active octagenarian who has suddenly become a very ill, elderly man. His liver is in what the doctor termed "end-stage disease", which would be typical of a life-long alcoholic. The irony here is that my father has never so much as touched a drop of alcohol in his life. Go figure. As many of you who have lost one or both parents to disease understand, it's difficult to see someone who once cared for and protected you in need of that same care and protection supplied by his children. Nonetheless, that is what my brother, my sister and I are determined to do in order to make the last portion of his life as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

As Reber pointed out, there has also definitely been a bright side for me recently. As well as having a band piece published by BRS Music (thanks, Bruce!), I also was offered and accepted a publishing contract by C. Alan Publishing for seven of my school band pieces. Those should start appearing in their catalog this summer. I also was commissioned by the United Interscholastic League of Texas (the agency that oversees and runs all Texas state competetive events in public schools) to compose the State Concert Band Sight-Reading Contest piece for 2010. This came as a surprise -- I had sent a demo in to them almost a year ago with no word back until the recent good news. The demos I sent out to these various places were all created, of course, with a combination of Garritan libraries (GPO, JABB and mainly CMB). I've expressed my tremendous appreciation to Gary personally, and would like to do so "publicly" here. Without the tools he's made available to all of us, none of this success would have been possible for me. So... thank you, Gary!!!

I've especially missed being a participant in the Listening Room, and will definitely be wandering back in very soon. It's hard to believe the high level of creativity that I've heard as I've snuck in for a quick listen or two over the past few months. I'm looking forward to again finally posting some responses to these tremendous works of music.

Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season. "See" you soon!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post

Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season. "See" you soon!

Danny
    You too, my friend!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Great to see you "back in town", Danny.

And many congratulations on the highly deserved
    publications and commission!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski