• Register
  • Help

Topic: Simple Composition for Hire

Share/Bookmark

Message removed

Message removed

Re: Simple Composition for Hire

Interesting, Ekaplan. Thanks for posting this info on the Forum.

Many of us here could do what you're asking for. If the time frame for the project is within the next 2 or 3 months, I could take it on.

Like everyone reading your post, I have technical questions of course. For instance, are the completed files to be MIDI so that they trigger sounds in the software you mention? Or are the finished files to be .wav or MP3s? If that's the case, I'm sure you know that the Garritan libraries provide all the instrument sounds you need, and that's what I'd be using if audio files are what you need.

This theme from "Pictures at an Exhibition"--it's to be simplified into a melody line for the solo instruments, I think that's what you mean? Would you also need PDF copies of notation?

We would be working with the designers of the software I suppose, so that the work is integrated as needed?

If you'd like to contact me, please use the email link under my name in this post.

Thanks again for posting.

Randy B.

Hi Randy.

Sorry, I don't see an email link under your name...just "moderator".

2 to 3 months? We were thinking 2 to 3 weeks. I believe all we need is some 10 seconds of the exact same melody stored as an .mp3 file played by all major instruments of the orchestra. So, we would be receiving Violin.mp3, Cello.mp3, etc....

Does that clarify what we are looking to do? Using the Garritan libraries is fine--we just don't have the skills ourselves to create the .mp3 files from the Garritan library.

Please respond back if you are still interested. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see this project taking more than a few hours, if even that.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Interesting, Ekaplan. Thanks for posting this info on the Forum.

Many of us here could do what you're asking for. If the time frame for the project is within the next 2 or 3 months, I could take it on.

Like everyone reading your post, I have technical questions of course. For instance, are the completed files to be MIDI so that they trigger sounds in the software you mention? Or are the finished files to be .wav or MP3s? If that's the case, I'm sure you know that the Garritan libraries provide all the instrument sounds you need, and that's what I'd be using if audio files are what you need.

This theme from "Pictures at an Exhibition"--it's to be simplified into a melody line for the solo instruments, I think that's what you mean? Would you also need PDF copies of notation?

We would be working with the designers of the software I suppose, so that the work is integrated as needed?

If you'd like to contact me, please use the email link under my name in this post.

Thanks again for posting.

Randy B.

You can obtain a MIDI file from here...
    http://www.classicalarchives.com/

Then import it in to your DAW, assign Garritan instruments accordingly, then export as MP3 files.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Hello again, Ekaplan

You have to click on the name in an email, then a menu comes up, and I have email listed on my menu. No problem though, saw your reply here.

Yes, I see, this is a simple thing to do, and Schneb has a good idea there.

Go ahead and email me so we can talk a bit more. I'd rather not post my email here in the message. Try clicking my name in the upper left hand corner of this post.

Thanks.
    Randy

Go Back to forum