• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fabulous vocal arrangement -Straight No Chaser -Christmas medley

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Fabulous vocal arrangement -Straight No Chaser -Christmas medley

It's quite possible that many people here are familiar with the acappella singing group called Straight No Chaser. I just discovered them via this You Tube live performance video - A top notch Christmas medley vocal arrangement performed impeccably. Tremendous!

Re: Fabulous vocal arrangement -Straight No Chaser -Christmas medley

Nice find, Randy! Thanks for sharing it.

Best,

Joe

hehe, yes, I have their DVD.
    it's quite good.

FOOTNOTE: This video has been removed from You Tube! 9 million hits later, and now here's the message when you try to see it -

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party."

!!!

Wonder what the story is there?

Randy B.

i'm sure the representatives of the group wanted it pulled...or maybe Toto...??

anyway, i'm sure this is what you originally posted, perhaps a different performance. they're outstanding.

-rjb

HEY Great, Thanks, rjbenson! All the links I've been finding had that same "no longer available" message. Surprising that this link is still working. Glad it is, because I wanted to share it with more folks. It seems to be a different performance of the same arrangement.

Doesn't it seem odd that after the clip had been at You Tube for well over a year, that now it's suddenly withdrawn?--Well, partially withdrawn, since at least this link has slipped by whoever it is making the complaint. Hmmm.

Randy B.

Lads and Lasses...
    Why don't we do our own 'fabulous vocal arrangement'?
    If someone would put up a sheet of SATB music, anyone with a voice and a microphone could make a contribution...
    Well... just an idea...

Very neat idea, Engson!

Busy time right now, but it'd be great for us to try this after the holidays - do what you suggest with perhaps a non-holiday number.

And how about if the contributors are also in on the vocal arranging? The first person could find a public domain tune, work out one vocal line, then those who follow would develop the additional harmony lines. - More complicated, but a group effort arrangement is an appealing idea.

Randy B.

Great video!! They sound fantastic. Started listening to some other works from the group, and found this comment from what looked like their official YouTube channel:

You may have read about Warner Music Group removing all of their artists' videos from YouTube. This has affected us as well, so our videos including the original 'The 12 Days of Christmas' are no longer available here. Instead you can see it on our MySpace page. Trust us, we are NOT happy about it! You can read about all of this in the news, just search Yahoo or Google about YouTube and WMG.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

nice find, Sean -- SNC was actually on Fox & Friends this morning, said they got a deal with Atlantic (owned by WMG).

the record companies just need to embrace the online music model...they cling to their old ways and it only drives them further into the ground. at least vinyl appears to be making a comeback -- in another five or ten years, i wouldn't be surprised if they outsell CDs...

rjb

Go Back to forum