• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni Arpeg independently on each layer?

Share/Bookmark

Omni Arpeg independently on each layer?

Hi there,
    is there a possibility to use the arpeg only on one layer in a patch.
    I would like to create some sounds which have some background texture while the arpeg of the other layer plays some kind of melody above.
    Thought that the arpeg works independently on each layer but it does not, at least not on mine.
    Any idea? Greetings from spain, Michael.

Re: Omni Arpeg independently on each layer?

Load the same sound on a new part of Omnisphere and assign it to the same midi channel. mute layer A on one part and layer B on the other. Use the arpeggiator where you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by musicarteca View Post
    Load the same sound on a new part of Omnisphere and assign it to the same midi channel. mute layer A on one part and layer B on the other. Use the arpeggiator where you need it.
    Cool,
    I try it, thanks a lot, Michael

So does this mean that the apeggiator is a global function and cannot be used on independant parts at the same time?

Hi musicarteca,
    it works, though I have not found any adjustment in omni for changing the Midi channel related to the part. The ref-guide is not too helpful in that.
    I changed the Midi channnel in Logic, my host, from 1 to all. So it works. If you know how to change Midi channels in omni, please tell me.
    Thanks, Michael.

Pardon me,
    found it by myself, its on the multi page.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    So does this mean that the apeggiator is a global function and cannot be used on independant parts at the same time?
    You can use a different arp for each part but not for each layer, remember that each part has two layers.

Go Back to forum